How Long...

JiP

Just a general question, not really needing to know how its done.

As some of you may know I traded Lolla in for a younger car. Now I had to return the car to the dealer the next day to have something repaired, then again the following day to have the CV joints replaced. (Tho the car was apparently "roadworthy")

Now that was 7 days ago and I'm getting a bit annoyed. Can someone please tell me how long it takes to order and change over a set of CV joints?? The car has been in their possession longer than in mine while I have owned it. I'm just about ready to tell them to give me an upgrade to another car.

thanks,

Jon.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its a dealership and probably on a priority list of some description.

Tell them that you want them to supply you a loan car at their cost since its been 7 days and you havent been able to get around anywhere, not to mention "missing out on work".

See what they do then :wink:

i think you will just have to wait dude.

changing the cv joint would take a few hours, and would be on a priority list of jobs like raven said.

i agree the car should have been roadworthy when delivered to you, but at least they did supply an alternative until they rectify the issues.

Well got the car today. They claim the CV's have been replaced. But turning into my street tonight and the noises were back. Not happy. I'm ready to tell them I want an upgrade. But its not just that there are two other problems I want looked at too.

I'm having the car inspected by RACQ on Monday to see what else they find. Each car that they loaned me from the lot had things that they should have failed on their roadworthies. The first car had an airbag warning light on its dash and while I was driving the engine light started flashing. The second loan car had a broken tail light, which again shouldn't have passed roadworthy.

GRRR not happy Jan!!

Well got the car today. They claim the CV's have been replaced. But turning into my street tonight and the noises were back. Not happy. I'm ready to tell them I want an upgrade. But its not just that there are two other problems I want looked at too.

You sure it's the CVs making the noises? Supposedly the control-arm bushes in FWD cars can make similar noises to CV knocks/clunks when going around corners.

All cars sold through a dealership have a 30 day statutory warranty period covering RWC items.... I would HIGHLY advise that RACQ check and even a friendly visit to the DOT pits because it sounds like you are being thoroughly f*cked over.

If the checks turn up multiple RWC faults... I would suggest returning to the dealer and demanding your money back. You have that right should you wish to exercise it.

(And I dare say they'd much rather take the car back than have the office of fair trading paying them a visit)