4age Injector Question

kiahn

hi all, I'm doing a 4age into ke70 conversion and have come across one of many problems,

the rubber on the motor side of my injectors don't fit snuggly into the holes, they slip in and out with no effort.

my question is, is this how they are supposed to be or do i need to invest in a new set of rubber rings?

my thoughts are that when the fuel rail pressurizes the injectors gets pushed into the hole and they seal from the amount of force placed on them from the fuel rail.

any help appreciated

cheers

Members dont see this ad

Got the rest of your fuel system setup and working? If so bolt the fuel rail on, power the pumps and check for leaks.

They do sound a bit too loose though. For $5 worth of O-rings I would probably just replace them though. :)

4agespares006.jpg

The things you see in the above picture should secure the injectors between the head and rail tightly. Mine just turn/twist, they don't move up and down or anything like that.

Edit: You should also have some 'spacer' things in between your rail.

63278067.jpg

Edited by adam-__-

cheers for that, yeh i have already replaced the o-ring that goes in the fuel rail with super high pressure ones that are made for hydraulic lifts so it can withstand plenty.

ive got wierd big o-rings on my injectors, they sorta look like a square donut. about 4mm tall 3mm wide and was thinking that they might cost more than 5 bux

cheers for that, yeh i have already replaced the o-ring that goes in the fuel rail with super high pressure ones that are made for hydraulic lifts so it can withstand plenty.

ive got wierd big o-rings on my injectors, they sorta look like a square donut. about 4mm tall 3mm wide and was thinking that they might cost more than 5 bux

they aren't actually that shape before they installed, they go that shape after installation

If you look at Adam's photo above, the top O ring is the critical sealing ring, BUT if the two insulators aren't sitting right, the injector will be too loose allowing the injector to move about and possibly not seat correctly - thats bad.

You can't see the bottom insulator in the photo very well, but the ones there are screwed.

Worthwhile checking you have the correct fuel rail spacers also.

orings should always be used once.. quite often thy will do the job more than once.. but just as often, they don't.

the upper and lowers are round.. but I'm pretty sure theres a 'square' oring in there somewhere too?

anyways, lightly lube all the orings with grease/oil before installing, and NEVER force them in. if they don't slip in with a bit of resistance, theres something going on.

also remember that the injectors being "loose" in the head will also create vacuum leaks = bad.

when i put my 4age together, i got my injectors cleaned, some dude came around in a van, put them on his machine for 15mins,gave me a print out on the flow test, and put new rubbers on all of them, was like $120! bargain!