Black Or Silver Top.

Gr3mlin

I'm afraid that club4ag article was written years ago and is not 100% correct in all matters....

most of those part numbers are correct, but some of the dates etc are incorrect. and they include some superceded numbers, for example 13201-19125 s/s to 13201-19126 for the late ae92 and the ae101 (silvertop) the new rod is as near identical as i can tell from having them side by side.

its quite common for a part number to change from the production version to the parts version.

that rod is the same for the 4agze versions to. so effectivly 13201-19125 IS 13201-19126 as other than the letters/numbers cast into them they are the same.

you have to remember there is 2 rods that were used in the 4agze, the early is massive compared to the later one.

and i AM a dealer :y:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

what model 16v do you have?

if you have the bigcrank model, ae92 on wards then just rebuild it with ze pistons and rings. the cranks and rods are the same. so you will then have a 4agze. i can supply the parts quite cheap. about $650nz delivered for the rings and pistons.

if you have the early model, ae82, then you either need to get aftermarket pistons, or replace the crank and rods.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys just reading over your discussion here and i noticed ur all into more power bla bla what you want to do is keep your silver top and work on it cos when the silver top was made it was made to withstand a mad beatin unlike the black which is slightly weaker u can get heaps of power n reliability out of the silver if u do it right.

yes the black top rod isnt as strong as the silver top one

if you are building a race engine the u NEED the silvertop rods.

if its a street car then no need as u can't sustain the RPMs needed to kill a black top rod

you also need to make sure u have enough oil in it, a stock 4age sump isnt really big enough for high revs/high gs.

its only the rods that are weaker.

interestingly we just had the blacktop and the silver top flowed.

the silver top head turns out to be a better start for a race engine due to the better combustion chamber and the smaller exhast ports. you can port the ports but u can't mod the chamber...

example?

You can do this to the black top to but I'm saying becos the silver top is more stable, btw you pay like an extra i dunoo how much depending on your state i guess for a 10kw diference i think its is, you can make up that difference with an exhaust from extractors back which will cost less!!

if you get your stock ecu tuned, depending on where you go and only a select number of people can do this you can get upto 40kw extra sumtimes more sumtimes less from what i know uni group in toongabbie are very good at stock ecu tunning!

like i sed b4 if you get a good exhaust aswell

just those there and a excedy heavy duty clutch and you will be flying

and for the non p platers when you turbo a smaler engine remember you don't need a massive turbo like a t04 make sure its nice n average sized becos the time and effort it takes to spin the turbo using a big turbo on a smaller engine gives you heaps of lag and for those who don't obey the law and race lol on the street u can't afford lag becos the race doesnt last thet long

so smaller turbo less lag greater power boost aswell btw ive seen dynos of 200s that have replaced bigger turbos for smaller ones and actually increase hpwr.

these are sum suggestions on mods you can do to keep you satisfied!

Edited by BI95XC

you guys could just do what I am doing: built a hybrid engine that has a silvertop with modded con-rods and matched to a blacktop head

revhead: interesting point on the combustion chamber, been thinking about for a while now. I do understand that it would take a heap of very carefull porting on a silver to make it anywhere as good as a stock blacktop, Or am I wrong here? Can you descibe in more details the porting results you had?

Edited by Sam_Q

stock ecu cannot be chipped

it has to be rebuilt.

you can get massive gains with a complete ecu such as a link.

i had a SARD ecu on mine,dyno proven 12% gain in hp and torque. used less fuel too. in short the stock tune isnt the best.

no details on porting yet as it hasnt been finished.

we sent both heads to a very good engine guy over here and asked him to flow them and pick one to develop. he sent back the black top saying while its ports are very good, the combustion chamber isnt and he can make the silvertop ports a lot better. i beleive he is only modifying the exhasut side.

engine will be revved to about 9000 with an aim of 180-200hp

Hay all, after how long now, i've finally got the ball rolling on my levin!

I've got the engine (Silvertop)

some really all I'm doing is swapping the engine, shes a bit on the smoky side, and i was told the price to rebuild and it was in the 2500 - 3000, so i decided whats a cheaper option.... i know, i'll get a new engine, X japan low K's, really clean inside! so I'm happy.

So now all i have to do is swap it over!

Hopefully its easy! haha, and hopefully the Compression test is higher than my current engine, with 120PSI in each piston.

Now all i need is a new tail-light, i passed someone, and then he started driving up my ass, then rammed me then passed me and carried on driving like normal! CRAZY PEOPLE MAN! needless to say i got his number plate.

anywho, anyone know where i can get tail-lights from?