March 20, 201016 yr comment_423168 I'm not sure how the whole gemini thing got regoed and i doubt it is till possible, but it is far from legal in your corolla. Report
March 21, 201016 yr comment_423193 hrmm imagine you could id make it the biggest sleeper out...roof racks and alll ahahhah! :) bust past 5ltr's :lolcry: Report
March 22, 201016 yr comment_423490 in victoria there is no capacity restriction. yet... so you can engineer any motor into any car, i think the only thing is that the engine has to be newer then the car and that is all. Report
March 22, 201016 yr comment_423505 i think maybe its got something to do with weight to power ratio or piston to weight ratio I'm sure if it was aloud I'm sure we'd see heaps but who knows Report
March 22, 201016 yr comment_423680 Well I heard it from my engineer. He told mei can legally put any motor as big as I want into my ke36. There is a discussion going on about bringing in the law for capacity to weight like other states have. But he said no one is wanting it so it isn't getting approved. I'm still only going with a 1.8 turbo anyways. No need to go any bigger. But I could always change my mind and drop in my rebuilt 302 Windsor that's sitting in the shed and still get it engineered in Vic. But that would only be legal in Vic and would not be able to get engineered anywhere else. So if you drove it into another state you could still get defected as the engineers will only cover Victoria Report
March 22, 201016 yr comment_423692 ahhh that made alot of sence :jamie: u learn something new every day ey... its quite tempting to drop a v6 in my ke35 now ahah :P Report
March 23, 201016 yr comment_423915 wpn36.. tell us who your engineer is.. ive got a couple of 265 hemi's lying around that would go nicely in one of my spare ke25's ;) Report
April 28, 201016 yr comment_433217 I'm with Cam, I would build something just to get it passed. There are restrictions, check out the Vic roads website. JP Report
May 23, 201016 yr comment_439418 There are restrictions, check out the Vic roads website. The restrictions are: For Toyota's, you can only drop in any Toyota Motor, as long as it's 4 Cylinder and fitted properly, but may require Brake Upgrade and more, depending on Power. You can chuck in like a SR20(det) and may get away with engineering it, but a V6 requires a crap load more to engineer, as well as a V8. If you cut the Fire Wall, or Radiator Support Panel, just to fit a better engine, Good luck getting it engineered. As for Wpn36, there is no engineer that will allow any motor from another car into any car. If so, he/she must be a dodgy engineer. Josh :D Report
June 5, 201016 yr comment_442643 So find a Toyota Lexcen and drop the engine in :laff: I never thought of that to be honest. Although, Toyota Lexcen is really a Holden Commodore and they both use a Buick 3800 V6. Other than that, you may get away with that idea. :) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now