"dodgy" Mods Youve Done To Your Car

• 1 year later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a mod but the dodgiest thing happened yesterday. I'm not going to mention what place but I got passed on my Road Worthy with the following:

Cable tied rear bumper

Cable tied battery

No interior lighting at all

Broken front indicators

Revolver gear knob

Racing Steering wheel

Back left door lock not working

Spare tire not tied down

No jack in boot

Speakers not screwed in to parcel shelf (they slide around everywhere)

Engine leaking oil

Diff leaking oil

1 side mirror

All and all a good day for me :P

had a paddock basher up at mates property and dodgy to keep it going would take me days to write but when towing it after a thrash, tried to tow it through the light hole and the boot hole.

the final result was half the back of the car being ripped off! haha

another dodgy thing i've seen and done IS

On a 22r hilux motor when your pulling the head off it, there is 1 or 2, 12 - 14mm bolts that go into the front timing chain/engine cover, a mate of mine and i were replacing the ''leaking'' head gasket and re,oved the head along with this chunk of front timing chaing cover that had been siliconed back together!!!!

Called the owner of the car and said dude it's f@$ked he said just silicone it back up and i'll sell the bloody thing, so as he said we put it back together, siliconed the hell outta the the front timing chain cover threw a new head gasket into it and he sent it on it's way.

Bloody P.O.S hilux

Drove an EB falcon wagon about 15km with no exhaust at all, Straight out of the exhaust ports. The noise and black smoke was insane. Also it had a slipping clutch so had to get a run up to make it up the hill in my old street.

I had a Mazda 323 panel van and i seized the 1500 so i found a 1400 for about $30 and fitted it. The bastard wouldnt start as the exhaust valves were sticking open a little so i whipped the tappet cover off and bashed the end of the valves with a plank of wood till they were free. That crunk o shit used about 10 litres of oil in 300km.

Used fencing wire to the shifter in on an old sigma. When it 1st came out it was stuck in 2nd so i found out it does 120kph in 2nd.

wasn't my car we were gonna do it properly and get a whole new timing chain cover, but he didn't care and just wanted it running again

In no way was what I said a dig at you nor was there any intent of such. I understand that things are done to the owners requests sometimes, not as they should be. ;)

Just a little joke I've picked up along my travels, silicone has its uses (such as substituting for a gasket) but sealing a leak in a natural gas line is NOT one of them! I discovered that while under a house & the owner casually says to me "yeah I did that, works well huh?".... :wtf: I could smell gas which is how I discovered it there in the first place.

another dodgy thing i've seen and done IS

On a 22r hilux motor when your pulling the head off it, there is 1 or 2, 12 - 14mm bolts that go into the front timing chain/engine cover, a mate of mine and i were replacing the ''leaking'' head gasket and re,oved the head along with this chunk of front timing chaing cover that had been siliconed back together!!!!

Called the owner of the car and said dude it's f@$ked he said just silicone it back up and i'll sell the bloody thing, so as he said we put it back together, siliconed the hell outta the the front timing chain cover threw a new head gasket into it and he sent it on it's way.

Bloody P.O.S hilux

I've heard several stories of 22R timing chains wearing through the timing covers, possibly related?

I've heard several stories of 22R timing chains wearing through the timing covers, possibly related?

Nah wasn't related to wear at all, it was clean snapped off the timing chain cover, like they'd lifted the head up from the back and just heaved on it till it snapped

• 5 weeks later...