"dodgy" Mods Youve Done To Your Car

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a pic of the turbo manifold i welded up for my KE55 corolla... Had a spare smart car turbo laying around and figured i'd fit it to a 5K... car is still in the build, so I don't know how she goes yet. lol

Thing of it was that I didn't measure any of it up... just kinda cut up bits and randomly welded them together. then welded over the welds to make sure they were sealed.

scrap metal - $26

GT12 turbo - Free

Maserati blow thru webber - $430

destroying a 5K in spectacular fashion - Priceless

IMG00019-20090814-1408.jpg

thinking dodgy... ah, when i did my 4ac conversion to my kesev, i didnt have much in the way of wire, so found a few old bit i had and joined them togehter for the dizzy/coil (can't remember if they where ever soldered or just twisted). been like that for well over 2 years.

thermo fan fitted with a zippie tie and bit of copper wire out of the welder (now bolted in place)

current radio soon to be ditched grounded with wire twisted around a bolt and screwed down around the gear shifter boot holder, all other wires twist joined and taped with clear tape.

zippie tied front ae86 bar cut to fit

beat out inner guard from pole hit (is still rusty from where paint cracked and fell off)

zippie tied exhaust mounts

when i fitted weber i cut a slot in the std throttle bracket and zippie tied the cable down. still like this has given me no trouble.

i had a split heater hose so i rammed it on a bit further and clamped it then zippie tied it. kept driving around like that for another 6+months until i got sick of topping up the water.

the shaft that holds the bracket for the throttle plate (?) on the weber stripped the thread, screwed a smaller nut on a tack welded it, still like it works like a brought one.

i have also zippie tied front springs in (helps to keep them aligned). springs happened to be from a holden and where cut very low :jamie:

rear shocks upside down out of a nissan van. work very well!

i brought a t-18 for parts ages ago, the tailshaft was bolted was held to the diff by 3 random bolts that where not even finger tight

had the power wire for the aftermarket radio jammed in where the fuses go

the radio hole had been cut larger then needed so this was superglued in, no brackets behind it at all.

they had cut the speaker holes out too large so they got a bit of the plasic corigated stiff (kinda like cardboard but its plastic) from a real estate board and cut it to mount the speakers in the doors.

dad's mate was short on cash back in the day so he drove his XY falcon over to my dads place and sold him the steering wheel, he drove hom using ONE vice grip attached to the steering column :jamie:

human kebab???

in another one of his mates XY falcons the fuel pump shat itself, so they borrowed an electric one and fitted it and connected it straight to the battery, to start the car you had to connect the wire and turn the key, he forgot to unplug the wire oneday and as they were drinking in a pub someone came into the pub yelling "SOMEONE'S CAR IS ON FIRE"

the pressure had broken a line and spewed fuel onto the hot exhaust manifold which evaporated and caught fire, luckily the ran out there with several extinguishers and put it out :hmm:

not really that dodgy but just plain stupid

Here's a pic of the turbo manifold i welded up for my KE55 corolla... Had a spare smart car turbo laying around and figured i'd fit it to a 5K... car is still in the build, so I don't know how she goes yet. lol

Thing of it was that I didn't measure any of it up... just kinda cut up bits and randomly welded them together. then welded over the welds to make sure they were sealed.

scrap metal - $26

GT12 turbo - Free

Maserati blow thru webber - $430

destroying a 5K in spectacular fashion - Priceless

IMG00019-20090814-1408.jpg

um i just checked your pic, and the turbo is mounted upside down? turbo drain hole is facing the bonnet?

whats gonna happen there?

film it all :no2:

Tyre with staked sidewall repaired by breaking one bead and stuffing with spinifex grass (it got us home)

Magnificent. I'll keep some spinifex and a bead breaker in my boot instead of a bottle of slime.

Gravity fed a car to get it home after fuel pump died, was interesting.....

My mates and I were on a road trip, the KE36 they took had a lot of rust flakes in the tank (sitting idle for 5 years). When it clagged all the lines we zippied a 2l juice bottle to the radiator and ran a short hose to the pump. Drove about 200kms, stopping every 20km to top up the juice bottle.

We then managed to get just enough fuel hose to run it back to the Jerry in the passengers lap. Next servo we got enough line to re-plumb all the way from the tank!

My accelerator cabble end has no nut fixing it into the dellorto linkage, so every now and then It just pops out. I really could just put another nut on it....

thermo fan fitted with a zippie tie and bit of copper wire out of the welder (now bolted in place)

zippie tied front ae86 bar cut to fit

zippie tied exhaust mounts

when i fitted weber i cut a slot in the std throttle bracket and zippie tied the cable down. still like this has given me no trouble.

i had a split heater hose so i rammed it on a bit further and clamped it then zippie tied it. kept driving around like that for another 6+months until i got sick of topping up the water.

i have also zippie tied front springs in (helps to keep them aligned). springs happened to be from a holden and where cut very low :no2:

LOL i think you are a Zippie tie King well done

not really a modd... but funny...

my old man had a wreck in the back yard back in the day. a place in the same town would collect card for free if they where in 3 parts... a few mates and a few beers and they got out the angle grinder and a cut off disk... cut off the roof then started to cut the body in half... ... ... cut through the fuel line, fuel all over his hair and beard... sparks all over fuel... enter the human torch.

so he screaming and running around one of his mates tackled him and starts to roll him on the ground... another one instead of poring the beer on him dumps a shovel load of dirt on his head...

mine is not that bad i don't think but found a huge rust hole that would need plating up but instead used some expander foam to fill the hole and when it went hard cut the excess off and smooth the surface then put some of that quick steel putty its like a metal bog and then sanded it and painted it never tell the difference

Edited by Undertaker_is_the_best

mine is not that bad i don't think but found a huge rust hole that would need plating up but instead used some expander foam to fill the hole and when it went hard cut the excess off and smooth the surface then put some of that quick steel putty its like a metal bog and then sanded it and painted it never tell the difference

Until the cars on Overhaul'n one day and they're stripping the car down and "what the crap?!"