"dodgy" Mods Youve Done To Your Car

on the last cruise my exhaust kept falling off, ended up driving home with it held on with 1 cable tie, and some plastic stuff ken had in his boot.

A piece of the exhaust its self is a piece of pipe with a plate welded on the end and 2 holes drilled in the end.

My fuel return line is blocked by a hose with a bolt screw into the end.

Ummm... Cd player is cable tied in with a piece of cardboard box under it to make it sit level.

Thats all i can think of for now

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much a Mod, but more an emergency fix.

Was driving home along the Ring rd around 1am on Boxing Day morning one year. Coming up the hill near Pascoe Vale rd, and all of a sudden, I hear this "bang-thump-thump-thump-thump". I imediately pull over, and under the light from my phone rip off the front wheel, take a look - my front calliper is hanging off - bugger, lost the top mounting bolt, and the bottom is hanging on for dear life. Fix: got a 1/4 in drive socket (I believe an 8mm), pulled out the bottom bolt and put that in the top. Then using the socket to line up the bottom hole, I tighten the top bolt using my handy 6in shifter. Drove very, very carefully home using gears, and handbrake for the final 30min...

lol I had a camira and this hapened to me too but all i did was drive in reverse the last 10mins home

i also choped the rear spring in it and i took the rears springs from my spare parts car and put them in the front

The battery was held in with gaff tape for about 6 months

The headlights melted the fuse pannel so i had to drive home one night holding a screw driver in it

I made an engine mount by jamming lengths of fuel hose around the original rubber and cable tyeing them in place

And one day i hotwired the fuelpump to the stereo amplifier so my stereo had to be on for the pump to work...... kept me going untill i found what was wrong

lol I had a camira and this hapened to me too but all i did was drive in reverse the last 10mins home

i also choped the rear spring in it and i took the rears springs from my spare parts car and put them in the front

The battery was held in with gaff tape for about 6 months

The headlights melted the fuse pannel so i had to drive home one night holding a screw driver in it

I made an engine mount by jamming lengths of fuel hose around the original rubber and cable tyeing them in place

And one day i hotwired the fuelpump to the stereo amplifier so my stereo had to be on for the pump to work...... kept me going untill i found what was wrong

crank the tunes or your going no where LMAO

How about lowering a car with ropes instead of spring compressors? :)

Or working into the wee hours to finish wiring up side markers spliced directly with parking lights?

Driving with no front panel, grille etc, only lights, for days?

16" hubcaps zip tied to 13" wheels, one by one cracking off..

Powersliding into snow banks, then straightening out the dents in the rear quarter panel with your f@$king hand..

Angry tape of course...

• 2 months later...

remove a 3k engine with all acc on it, gb and exhaust with 2 people/chain and a pole.

instead of removing the engine mount, bend the radiator support out of the way.

removing the diff from a car thats going to scrap, cut springs holding up the body and when the diff was out, resting on a spare wheel and a battery :wink:

when car flooded that bad couldnt start it, a few sprays of aerogaurd and she was alive.

cutting slots in my brake hose holder on my struts so i didnt need to undo the brake hose (bleed brakes) when removing struts

thats it ontop my head

Actually I remember way back when lowering the back of an already low club car by undoing all the spring clamps, loading an anvil, one fat bloke and a not so fat bloke into the boot and doing them all back up again. worked really well for about three corners when everything went "SPOIIINNNNGGGG" back to where it should have been.