"dodgy" Mods Youve Done To Your Car

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is Datsun and instantly its dodgy.. haha

I don't have anything quite as dodgy as some people wrote but heres mine.

Blown head gasket - chemi weld

hole in muffler - muffler putty

broken accelerator links - coat hanger

Sub and amp in boot hooked up to a 12 battery rolling around in the boot with the amp and sub

Installed rear speakers.. screwed straight into the fuel tank "accidentally" and fixed with muffler putty

Filled rust hole "size of a football" with Ac sheet, expander foam and builders bog then painted with $2 spray paint

jump started the datto with 8 gauge amp power cable

used hobby fuel to make it go faster and f@$k me it went faster!

I'm sure everyone has done this.. COAT Hanger for aerial

Dear Lord, where do I start?

Not so much mods, more temporary fixes, mostly with rally cars.

Wire broke off the fuel pump at the end of a stage, nav sat in boot holding wire on to get back to service. worked well until I hit a cattle grid at speed and aforesaid mentioned nav nearly fell out. Large bald man with no neck not happy with me.....

10" 1/4" drive extention bar as a light stay after we broke the good ones on a tree.

Raced Staurday at Bendigo Autocross, came home to Melbourne and went to Morwell hillclmb (with the legendary "Batch") the next day. Car had done a rear main oil seal and was hosing oil. Rolled car through scrutineering to avoid oil puddles, and had to have someone stand in front of the car everytime we backed the car out so that we could kick dirt over the puddles so no one would notice.

Bent a front strut badly enough to wear through the inside of a rally tyre. Turned the whole wheel around, and spaced it with 2 x 10mm spanners to get us 20 km back to rally base. Hell slow trip that one......

Had all the cosmetic panels on the front of the last car held on with nutserts...

Used a thong to space a battery so it didn't short on the bonnet. (Thanks Medicine Man!)

Panel beat the rear of a Celica after a trip into a tree with a trailer ramp. Worked well enough for him to go back out and finish the job off by rolling twice....

I could go on for ages.....

Edited by Redwarf

Wire broke off the fuel pump at the end of a stage, nav sat in boot holding wire on to get back to service. worked well until I hit a cattle grid at speed and aforesaid mentioned nav nearly fell out. Large bald man with no neck not happy with me.....

:y:

I had a non-functional charging system on my ke15 for a few months. I used to charge the battery once a week and all was fine until I forgot to charge it. Lived up Mt Nebo at the time, and one night coming home realised I had next to no headlights once leaving the streetlights at The Gap. Had to turn off the headlights and drive by Dolphin torch which the missus held out the side window to get home. Was an interesting drive. Got home, turned off the car and thought I'd try restarting it, battery was dead flat, wouldn't even light up the charge and oil light, let alone click over the starter.

I got a new alternator and battery the next day.

Wow, and i thought my AE71 was a dodgy build haha...

Everytime i shut the bonnet (as you usually would, give it a bit of height and let it *slam* shut to lock), the force of the impact must knock some wires & short something because it sets the horn off and won't stop till you unhook the battery. Was the funniest thing i ever saw when it happened the first time, i was sitting in the car, my mate was shutting the bonnet, and all of a sudden MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP mate: "AHHH WHATTHEf@$kJUSTHAPPENEDUNHOOKTHEBATTERY" MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *battery unhooked*. ... "jesus f@$k what the f@$k just happened?" hahahaha... ahhh, the look on his face.

Resolution: no horn! :y: just one of those compressed gas air-horns you get from party shops, and an arm out the window. It's a great car and i'll never part with it hahaha.

I flared the rear guards of a mates commonwhore with an axe and a piece of wood when it kept on bottoming out on the way to go camping.

Not my mod, but my uncle was telling me about the local aboriginal family's car issues. The carb was clogged, so they just chucked a 6 year old with a bottle of petrol under the bonnet to trickle a bit of petty down the carby every 5 seconds to keep it going :y:

Wow, and i thought my AE71 was a dodgy build haha...

Everytime i shut the bonnet (as you usually would, give it a bit of height and let it *slam* shut to lock), the force of the impact must knock some wires & short something because it sets the horn off and won't stop till you unhook the battery. Was the funniest thing i ever saw when it happened the first time, i was sitting in the car, my mate was shutting the bonnet, and all of a sudden MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP mate: "AHHH WHATTHEf@$kJUSTHAPPENEDUNHOOKTHEBATTERY" MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *battery unhooked*. ... "jesus f@$k what the f@$k just happened?" hahahaha... ahhh, the look on his face.

Resolution: no horn! :y: just one of those compressed gas air-horns you get from party shops, and an arm out the window. It's a great car and i'll never part with it hahaha.

that story had me in tears of laughter. I guess coz I read it like I was there :y: :S :D :D

hooked up an old washer bottle in the boot of an old falcon , drilled a couple of holes through the inner arches ,

jeezz that car did awesome burnouts / drifts when you pushed the button on the steering wheel

( bottle was filled with 50/50 engine oil metho straight onto the rear tyres )

hooked up an old washer bottle in the boot of an old falcon , drilled a couple of holes through the inner arches ,

jeezz that car did awesome burnouts / drifts when you pushed the button on the steering wheel

( bottle was filled with 50/50 engine oil metho straight onto the rear tyres )

Diesel works better... more smoke :D

I've had that setup in a few cars now.... Its hilarious watching a banged up as f*ck 120y with a welded diff and 4 large grinning idiots on board lay maaaaaaassive streaks for several hundred metres off the lights :y:

I miss being young and stupid :S

Diesel works better... more smoke :D

I've had that setup in a few cars now.... Its hilarious watching a banged up as f*ck 120y with a welded diff and 4 large grinning idiots on board lay maaaaaaassive streaks for several hundred metres off the lights :y:

I miss being young and stupid :S

i was thinking to do this to my corolla but i chose not to,

take a corner when u think theres no oil left in the tyres and WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE tree :D

After talking to a cement power pole with my vl cable ties held my front bumper on, I had to remove the radiator shroud as the fan rubbed on it and some chemiweld fixed the cracks in the head.

On my way to wagga wagga one time I blew the head gasket on my XF ute, filled it up with water from a irrigation channel and then just boiled it the extra 90km to wagga, filled it with water and cooked it 140km home again, bought that ute for $100 sold it for $100, WINRAR!!

On my vk after sending number 1 piston shooting for the moon I filled it up with coolant again, kept going until the crown of the piston fell down and smashed the crank.

.22 casings make good fuses.

my exhaust snapped at the bottom of the collector on the exttractors and i grabbed a v can and tin snips snipped the ends of the can off and then held the exhaust in place and proceeded to zippy tie v can around t he collector and the rest of the exhaust got me from my house in Inala to coopersplains and then it broke so i just zippy tied the exhaust to the GB crossmember was very very noisy and everybody was stairing at me as i was driving along the road an older ladie actullay pulled over and glared at me coz i was sittin behind her with no exhaust

my exhaust snapped at the bottom of the collector on the exttractors and i grabbed a v can and tin snips snipped the ends of the can off and then held the exhaust in place and proceeded to zippy tie v can around t he collector and the rest of the exhaust got me from my house in Inala to coopersplains and then it broke so i just zippy tied the exhaust to the GB crossmember was very very noisy and everybody was stairing at me as i was driving along the road an older ladie actullay pulled over and glared at me coz i was sittin behind her with no exhaust

hahahhahahahah did it look something like this

post-8435-1251619744_thumb.jpg

:lol::lol:

Edited by Evan G