August 16, 200917 yr comment_366247 We stole a motorcycle fuel tank and sat it over the throttle actuator, and just hooked it up to the carb. What else are you supposed to do on a car with a hole in the fuel tank. It was on a Kingswood we bought for a carton. Was good fun doing donuts with no windscreen or doors/bonnet panels, until the battery fell in the fan and it cut out. Its probably still where we left it, minus motorbike tank. Report
August 16, 200917 yr comment_366280 Not the dodgiest, but possibly the most amusing.... When I was living in Germany I had a busted arse BMW 535i. Manual. Was awesome :P Anyway on a weekend off in the Czech Republic we stupidly left it parked in the 'drunk' district of Prague whilst we went tottering off to eat drink and be merry... When we came back several hours later ALL the side windows had been smashed. Oh and it has been snowing... and was STILL snowing... so not only was the interior half full of ice but the prospect of driving back to Germany with no windows in the middle of a European winter was not an appealing idea. So we found a servo. bought a hobby knife and a roll of 100mph tape, and then found a cafe with those clear plastic curtain thingies to keep the rain out... waited until it closed for the evening.... cut cut, trim trim, tapey tapey, new windows :) Mate had a pulsar he was scrapping, so we took it out for a last spin, and also had some hammers and baseball bats to iron out some creases :P exept my mate kinda mised what he was aiming for, and took out the back AND passenger window. so we went ot the local Deli to see what we could fing to fix it. we bought 2 rolls of clear packing tape, worked a treat :P Also my mates sigma had Spring compressors on the springs to lower the car, they stayed in there for months. Report
August 16, 200917 yr comment_366281 Dodgy second battery job in an attempt to quell my electrical gremlins. Shitty attachments I made. Saving up for cable-ties. Report
August 16, 200917 yr Author comment_366332 "adjusted" the kink in the chassis by strapping the rail to a tree and backing up really fast 2day my brakes locked up in the wet and i lost it into a curb. drivers wheel was pushed back 10cm. nothing to worry. 7m of thick chain and a huge bollard infront of the goodguys and it was fixed. :P thanks toy-yoda for the idea. i can say i "adjusted" the kink in the lower control arm :P :P Report
August 16, 200917 yr comment_366409 Lol all of this dodginess reminds me of the tv show bush mechanics. Report
August 16, 200917 yr comment_366416 2day my brakes locked up in the wet and i lost it into a curb. drivers wheel was pushed back 10cm. nothing to worry. 7m of thick chain and a huge bollard infront of the goodguys and it was fixed. :P thanks toy-yoda for the idea. i can say i "adjusted" the kink in the lower control arm :P :P Sad to hear you crashed, stoked to hear I helped in my own little way...... It's an old trick myself and mates dreamed up after we parked a paddock basher through a shed....... Report
August 16, 200917 yr comment_366424 if i take 10 bolts out 5 probs go bak in and i zip ty everything Report
August 16, 200917 yr comment_366427 went out to do skids in my old ae71 rushed putting the engine back in the night befor it rained and we went out to do some skiddies "on a private road might i add" only 2 bolts in the drive shaft and only 2 wheel nuts on the two back rear wheels Report
August 17, 200917 yr comment_366478 On my way up to Mannum, the ke30 broke down. Turned out the heater hose cracked and spilled coolant onto the distributor- thus conking out the engine. So me and my mate were on this deserted road in the middle of nowhere kickin the footy til some guy who lived in the area helped us out. We fixed it with some plastic garden hose he had lying around. It only just got us to Mannum which was about 50kms away. Now that was fun. Report
August 17, 200917 yr comment_366573 Poz and I once hooked up a cold air intake by cutting a hole through through the stone cover under the front bumper/engine bay, and another hole in the airbox of my E34 535i (manual too). Then we married the two with plumbers PVC piping from Bunnings. After a few months, the piping came apart and melted on the zorst... I superglued the drivers lock into the door (after it kept coming out with the key) after we installed remote central... I superglued the door card to the door after it started to come apart... And I superglued the roof lining to the body when it started to come apart at the sunroof... Report
August 17, 200917 yr comment_366658 ^^^ Is this guy a Selleys representative? :P Edited August 17, 200917 yr by Jimpoole Report
August 17, 200917 yr comment_366705 I unplugged my windscreen washer piping and moved it to one side of the bonnet. So I could squirt people walking down the footpath. I drilled the rivets out of the bracket in a standard air filter...forced some pvc piping in...duct taped it...attached a pod and bolted it to the afm to attach my new pod. Cross wired a headlight to the other one so I could have a low beem on both sides. Used house door hinges and self tapping screws as brackets for my sub. On my old rolla I couldn't get a speaker to sit in the doors...so I got tin snips and cut out a big chunk of the door reo to fit it. Used deoderant in the air filter in my old ED after I thrashed it beond the point of death. Report
August 20, 200917 yr Author comment_367530 "I unplugged my windscreen washer piping and moved it to one side of the bonnet. So I could squirt people walking down the footpath" ;):lol:;) Report
August 25, 200917 yr comment_368470 u just turn the nobbly bit on the bonnet where it squirts from..sometimes there glued..so u force it haha :bash: Report
August 26, 200917 yr comment_368879 u just turn the nobbly bit on the bonnet where it squirts from..sometimes there glued..so u force it haha :P Yeah I did that at first but it kept blocking up when we tried to put chocolate milk through it. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now