--------{Ke38 Wagon}---------

Oh-KE

Members dont see this ad

Yeah mate the 5 speed is from a ke55 same with loads of other parts. Lowering was easy to do if you're willing to get your hands dirty. I recommend getting a haynes or gregorys ke55 workshop manual it will help you a lot. Not really any links for that stuff you will need to talk to your local suspension place. All my springs have come from Industrial Springs in SA. The rear carpet is easy just get some black carpet or whatever and cut it to shape yourself. The 3k carby was already rebuilt and mine was getting worn out so i swapped it. Not much difference really.. I look forward to replacing it with a weber :)

• 2 months later...

Bit of an update, found a pair of the same rims in 14x6 +13 on yahoo japan. I am getting them through import monster. This means I will be going down the path of the corona strut :thumbsup:

Very happy about this. Rims look about the same condition as the ones I got originally so they should come up sweet.

apacchi01-img600x450-1313658081mtv0ec25868.jpg

• 1 month later...

Small update,

Wheels arrived yesterday. Very happy with them. They are in decent condition but do need a bit of love. I've started stripping the paint and polishing already but I won't need them for a while though because I still need to build my corona struts, which could take some time. I am aiming to have front end complete by the end of the year.

Here's how they arrived

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

Random piccy

IMG_3219.jpg

Cheers, :y:

Chris

Thanks mate, I love them. Kinda boxy but with rounded edges, similar to the design of the car (ke30-55). Also stoked to have a set of 6 considering how rare they are! Don't know of any other car in Australia (or anywhere else for that matter) that has these wheels. The 2 piece type seem a little more common though.

I am definitely considering putting some colour on them. White could work well. The blue that i originally used on the lettering is not very noticeable. I am thinking polishing the tops of the letters and leaving them bare would look nice too.

IMG_2995.jpg

Edited by Oh-KE

Hey Josh, the roof racks took me a while to find. Ended up finding them at U Pull It wreckers on a Sigma wagon for like $30. So don't just look for corolla ones, any small wagon roof racks should fit.