My Collection Of Old Junk

swampgarage

Been lurking on this forum for quite a while. About time I posted some pics of the stuff I've been hoarding over the years!

catchemall01.jpg

Sorry for the crumby pic, its a gloomy day up here in FNQ.

On right is where it all started - my trusty 1988 AE82 cs sedan. Its been in the family since new, I've driven it for 10 years and it still looks pretty much brand new. I've upgraded it with a few bits off wrecked cs-x models, such as tacho, clock, centre console and wheels. It also has the speaker pods off a vs commodore grafted to the front doors. Other than that, its stock and will stay that way.

In the middle we have a 1986 AE86 coupe. It came to Australia a few years ago as an ignorant and illegally modded import. Its become a bit more civilised these days, and is enjoying its new life downunder, doubling as both my daily driver and track car at motorkhanas and bitumen sprints.

On the left we have my latest acquisition, a 1979 TE72 T-18. A somewhat rare find, I rescued it from a local wrecking yard and managed to drive it home bleeding coolant and oil, and running on 3 cylinders. I bought it for the t-series diff, and the prospect of using it in khanacross. Suprising features included weber carby, extractors and working aircon. The body is rough, with minor crash damage to the front, but I've now got the engine running perfectly. The interior is amazing - it looks brand new.

And finally, we have this

catchemall03.jpg

My rather unique looking 1984 AE71 cs-x sedan. Its spent most of the last decade doing duty as a paddock basher, used for rounding up cattle, slaloming through termite mounds, jumping contour banks and general stupidity. Its been treated terribly but still runs fine. It features steel studded snow tyres, rollcage, home made bullbar and possibly the worlds first slanty quad light conversion. Was going to use this for khanacross until I found the T18. It may yet get resurrected as a drift car, rather than wrecking my sprinter.

Can post up more pics and info about these cars if anyone's interested.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by 86coupe

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks to mr toyota and a certain shady character, the T-18 is now fully operational. Well, apart from the "exciting" brakes anyway. Carby cleaner, new radiator, gaskets and fluids have got the car moving. Will focus on stopping it again next weekend.

Some pics from its first offroad adventure around the farm today.

SwampT-18Wallpaper.jpg

Sunset-18.jpg

And a couple of my sprinter at a motorkhana in Cairns, and the bitumen sprints in Townsville.

angryangrycar.jpg

sprints.jpg

• 9 months later...

Not updated for ages, but my collection of busted toyotas is growing.

This is the latest one. 1986 sprinter trueno GT Apex. Fatally wounded by a datsun. Its currently being stripped down for parts.

DSC_6484copy.jpg

Earlier I acquired this one. 1986 levin GT. Fatally wounded by an excel.

DSC_3425-800.jpg

Its being reshelled into this one. Itself, once a serious car, but was sold, crashed, stripped, only to resurface years later as a bare shell.

DSC_4694-1024.jpg

It will become my daily for a while, and track car to compete in the bitumen sprints.

DSC_4615-1024.jpg

There's also a revolting yellow ke70 I purchased a share in earlier in the year, but as far as I know, its still sitting a the blokes house. My mate has never got around to picking it up.

DSC_4132copy.jpg

TOY-O-TA! Gotta catch em allll!