Slack Wreckers

Rolla_Baby

God wreckers are slack these day, well here in bundy they are, i was after a motor for my ke70, the wreckers rounded one up for me for $300, piece of shit didnt come with a carby, extra $40, then got the motor in and carby on ect, but either of them worked.

and now i don't have a daily ride, because the original motor is f@$ked and now am using that to have my rebuild done and the original carby is magerly f@$ked but have a 32/32 to go on but is gettn jets replaced.

ARGH, so angry.

now i have to go through the trouble of finding another carby and motor, and stuff around to put it in again its gay.

why can't they give me one that works lol

i never would have thought it would be such a stuff around, for such a lil car.

Edited by Rolla_Baby

Members dont see this ad
i hate them to i found a ca18 motor in a old datsun blue bird i asked how much for the motor they aid 500 so i pulled it out went to pay and they said sorry mate motor 1200 didnt kmnow it was tubro there dogs i hate them just as mucha s u

I hope you dropped the motor right there and then and said f%ck you you can go put it somewhere :y: :worship:

i would have left it in the front office or in the doorway :worship:

i got quote 160 for the RWD engine mounts off an ae71 and that was only the ones that bolt to the engine.

ended up getting all of the brackets and the gearbox ones for 140 from 44gte on here

Edited by kiahn

Yes slack wreakers , don't f##king start me .Having work in one twenty something years ago we use to go out of our way to help people out .

These days pay what they want { no bartering} or piss off.

Not only that don't come in to the yard because you might fall over and sue me.

The omighty dollar has ruined most of the good old wreakers as they crush most cars now , chasing the the scrap money.

Not really wreaking yards just scrap yards now .A lot as well just keep commodore and falcon and stuff any think else ,just crush it.

Maybe we should start a good wreakers ,bad wreakers thread :worship:

now BACK TO WRECKERS! i went to my local wreckers for the first time, i had a bag of tools with me and i walked in and said "gday mate how much your EB dizzy's going for?" and he said in the biggest cocky tone "3 million buckksss ha ha ha there a electronic dizzy so $60 bucks" i looked at him with a " :jamie: " face and walked straight out and done a single spinner all the way down the gravel driveway, a 10min drive to pick a part and got myself a dizzy for $30 with 3month warrenty

Edited by Evan G

Defamation/Libel discussion split off here: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=33880

This topic may continue on the proviso that you make absolutely no indication of the name, location, ownership or any other identifying features of the establishment you are talking about. If you do, fully expect to see a Banned logo on your profile. Yes, I'm that serious.

Defamation/Libel discussion split off here: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=33880

This topic may continue on the proviso that you make absolutely no indication of the name, location, ownership or any other identifying features of the establishment you are talking about. If you do, fully expect to see a Banned logo on your profile. Yes, I'm that serious.

who r u talking to, whos getting a banned logo on their name, not me i hope, i didnt do anythn wrong i don't think........

I hope you dropped the motor right there and then and said f%ck you you can go put it somewhere :hmm: :jamie:

nar i went to fer trading and good the motor 4 500 but they took the turbo off in the mean time but i had a brand new t25 at home sold the motor to my mate for 1k and he put in in his nissan blue bird

who r u talking to, whos getting a banned logo on their name, not me i hope, i didnt do anythn wrong i don't think........

You're not in trouble at all. What I was saying is, for anyone else posting in this thread please don't provide any way of identifying the wrecker you're talking about.

i was looking for a 4ac, was starting to get desperate.. so went to a local wreckers.

talked to them, they said they had a FWD one still in the car. motor had been half stripped and the guy described it as "a bit smokey" said "oh it only needs a set of rings and bearings"... thought well yeah right if i wanted to rebuild one id do it to the one ive got. then i thought well if its cheap enough it could be an option. he then said your still looking at about $300 for it. i stared blankly at him for about 30seconds as i didnt think he was serious. i then thanked him for his time and left..

i came back 12months later and it was still there with the bonnet up. took the dizzy, left the old cap and button as they where going to charge me extra for it.

Ok no names but one place i like dealing with - i walk into the place ask for what i want, get told which possible car could have said part/s and its location and i'm free to hunt around the place. And if i don't have the tools if i find what i'm after they'll chase it down for me and if i don't feel like waiting i'll get a phone call when its ready for pick-up.

One of two places i hated was the place that i walked into asked the boss if they had any front struts from a t-18. Nope. Urm, how about early 80's corona. Nope, sorry son but we don't deal with jap shut boxes. Couldn't help but look at him and the nissan that he was sanding down. Turned around and as i was walking back to the car looking around the yard full of jap shut boxes and not a single holden nor a ford in sight....

And two of two places i hated was another one i rung up asking about parts and i got told "Your wasting my phucking time..."

And its always the good ones that'll have you wanting to come back again and again, and its the bad ones that'll either have your money once and/or you'll never go back again.