December 10, 200916 yr Author comment_397210 The primer is Parabuild ICF. I can't remember the brand at the moment. Was $250 for 4L of primer and 2x 1L tins of hardener. 2:1 ratio with 10% thinners. Got some pics for y'all. Spot whats missing :hmm: Report
December 10, 200916 yr comment_397253 fuel cap tailgate window front doors rear quarter vent seats windshield :( do you mean the door handles? :hmm: Report
December 11, 200916 yr comment_397256 Spot whats missing :( This could be a fun game with a stripped car :hmm: Looking good! Report
December 11, 200916 yr comment_397266 Seats, air in the tire :hmm: But I assume its the door handle as all pics focus on the doors. So how does one plan to open the doors? Report
December 11, 200916 yr comment_397465 I'm going to assume he will install 'poppers' to open the doors? No idea how to desribe them properly except for kind of like door locks except on the outside where if its unlocked you can push/pull and the door will open. Report
December 12, 200916 yr Author comment_397512 I'm gonna install solenoids in the doors. so with the push of a button, Pop. and they're open. If its gonna be a legality issue i'll put momentary buttons at the top of the doors. Other than that, a couple buttons on the dash and possibly a 2 button RF transmitter on the key ring. Boot will have a solenoid in it, that will be apart of the Alarm/Immobiliser system. Report
December 14, 200916 yr comment_397919 I'm Lovin' the ideas you have planned Ryan. Also lovin' the Primer Job. Keep it up. :) - Oh, and you're also missing the Bonnet. :D Josh :y: Edited December 14, 200916 yr by ewt Report
December 14, 200916 yr Author comment_398078 Yea, thanks Josh. I knew i'm not supposed to see the engine whilst driving :P I was planning on running a KE30 bonnet and grill. after seeing a 36 with the TE front I'm up in the air wether to import a TE grille and Bonnet. Decisions, Decisions..... Anyways, worked on the beast for a couple hours yesterday. Dropped the entire steering and suspension setup and removed and partially stripped the gearbox...Finally. Also sprayed the inner front guards to look all pretty X member, LCA's, Swaybar, Castor Rods, Castor/Swaybar mounts, Strut tops and Spring hats are in Luc's possesion to be powdercoated black. Apart from the swaybar that will be done in silver, just one of the ways I plan to lace the silver and black exterior into the black engine bay. Cleaned up the bay a little more now theres nothing in it apart from the booster Also while I'm at work I'm planning a shifter relocation setup to bring the shifter to a more preferable position. It's so far planned to position the shifter 50mm or so rearward of the KE70 position. It will look pretty stock once covered with a console and even use a stock KE shifter :y: for those who know T56's, you'll have an idea of what i have in mind. Just a much better made setup. Some info for those who don't know, KE38 and 36's are 35mm higher than KE30,35 and 55's from factory. As it stands the car has had a front end colision resulting in a new LH front section being grafted on. They replaced the mangled 38 strut with a sedan strut. Here is the difference in springs; Report
December 14, 200916 yr comment_398152 Good to see your getting stuck into it ryan, TE3x bonnet and grill would be sweet, probably not many of them in Australia! Surely postage would be pri$ey for such items? But do it anyway :y: Report
December 14, 200916 yr Author comment_398158 Considering we never got them here I'd probably be right in saying they're rarer than K-T bellhousings (in Aus). I think i've seen 1 pic of a KE35 with a TE front in Aus. Feel free to correct where needed. Report
December 15, 200916 yr comment_398208 I powdercoated ryans diff the other week. here it is with a coat of zinc... this stuff is 98% zinc. very good stuff. it was powdercoated gloss black... will let ryan post up piccies of this!! and here it is all wrapped up ready to go home.. Report
December 15, 200916 yr comment_398218 Are you getting the idea off Megat with his Ke36 Corolla with the Te3x Front End?? It would look sweet on an Australian Ke38, unless it's an Import. You could probably get the Te31 Front End shipped down here from the USA. You can try and look on the American eBay for Te31s. http://www.ebay.com/ Cheers, Josh :y: Edited December 15, 200916 yr by ewt Report
December 15, 200916 yr Author comment_398322 May have lined something up already. Not saying anymore :y: Also, on the engine front I'm toying with going the same way as TommyKE11, using quad motorcycle carbs. With a big help from toyota_ae71 i have spied on a set of GXR1100 (i think) 34mm Mikuni's for a very reasonable price. So atm its up in the air on wether to import a TE front or get these carbs. Then again, with my brain always thinking of ways to mod the wagon. I may have a killer combo to drop in when i can afford it all. so might stick with a stock-ish 4K and spend the money on the looks sides of things atm. Report
December 17, 200916 yr comment_398902 jst some more powdercoated bits. rear shock mounts, inner arches, leaf springs mounts etc. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now