20v Into Ae71.

LittleRedSpirit

Sounds awesome.

I just collected my new thermofan shroud/radiator combo from Western Suburbs Radiator Service at Sumner Park.

I spoke to Dennis and he did me a great thermofan shroud in Alloy for 100 bucks. Here it is.

It uses a Toyota OEM thermofan from an sv21 camry. It seals the whole core so the fan will be as efficient as possible.

That certainly is a nice fan shroud, should work really effectively... Next step is to make some shrouding to direct all the air into the radiator at the front, if you know what i mean.

Members dont see this ad
That certainly is a nice fan shroud, should work really effectively... Next step is to make some shrouding to direct all the air into the radiator at the front, if you know what i mean.

Thanks Tim, I'm so stoked with the fan shroud its not funny. Moves a real lot of air too.

I now have another set of body looms and hopefully its gonna be running by the end of the week.

sneek peek at the new rims for this..

southern ways mesh

this is a 15 x7 which is getting new outers to make them 15 x 8

Image0160.jpg

this is a little wider , they should be somewhere in between lol

Image0161.jpg

centre colour has yet to be finalised

will be polished to mirror finish

new nuts a 'special" bolts already here

Edited by mungi mods

whats the go with this bad boy this week Good sir?

Hey guys.

Nothing to report. Just working hard on earning money so I can finish it off right. I'm wondering how it will handle with a stock swaybar in the front. Have to see how it goes when its driveable.

All I really have to do is the following:

Fresh fuel in the tank.

Have loom fitted.

Pour in some gearbox oil.

Fresh oil in the motor and a new filter.

Put the dash back together.

Drive to the exhaust shop to have it sorted.

Buy some trumpets.

Get it tuned again by Rob Novak.

I think Ill try to get beerhead back next weekend to have a good go at getting it running.

Terry those wheels will look hot. I still kind of want to have the centres anodized, but I'm not too sure what colour. Maybe just get them lightly blasted then Ill have them clear anodized to keep em nice and shiny silver. I can't get past something mettallic for them. Silver bolts will tidy up the look of them too.

I did a couple of things last night.

All I really have to do is the following:

Fresh fuel in the tank. - DONE

Fit under dash Loom and front of body loom.

Have loom fitted. - Brads coming Sunday for this.

Pour in some gearbox oil. - DONE

Fresh oil in the motor and a new filter

Put the dash back together.

Drive to the exhaust shop to have it sorted.

Buy some trumpets. - Hmmm, bit of a prick job getting these.

Get it tuned again by Rob Novak.

OK so now its more or less wired, were just future proofing it a bit by adding a plug to connect a speed sensor to, and a few other little accessories. We also need to add a wire to control the purge solenoid.

Otherwise, Brad has done a great job of utilising the factory relay positions in the relay box that came in the car. We have one external relay in the cabin for the fuel pump near the glovebox. The fan and efi relays are in the relay box and the wires routed with the other Toyota wiring under the gaurds. Its all been done with new wires and pins so no solder in what weve done. Its how an auto electrician would do it I think.

So now just need an alternator plug, and a couple of adaptronic wires and pins and its all gonna be working like a dream.

I did have one annoying thing happen, I was doing up the hose clamp on the bottom of my radiator and for some reason the outlet collapsed. It didnt even feel tight yet and it just collapsed. So Il pull that out and have Dennis at WSRS braise a new one in. Motherf@$ker. I think ill get new radiator hoses too while I'm at it.

Ok I have a new set of radiator hoses. One is from an 84 onwards charade the other is from a magna i think.

Ive dropped off the radiator to have beefier inlets and outlets braised in, which should make it easier to work on. Will be right to grab it tomorrow morning. Its been one year since I wrote the last car off. Its about time I got this one on the road.

Sourced some more vaccuum hose for the map sensor, and some bungs to delete unwanted vaccuum connections.

I got the alternator plug from a 1nzfe yaris at the wreckers. Thats the same plug to suit a blacktop 4age alternator.

Brads gonna be here soon and we will pull a late one and try and get it started. We just need to do a starter relay and fit the alternator plug, then its ready to go. We are usung circuit breakers instead of fuses with an 8 second timeout. So if something cuts out we wait 8 seconds and its automatically reconnected. No swapping fuses.

I might try and get someone to make me a hose adapter to fit in a heater connection before I put the cooling system together, so that when the time comes to connect the heater I can just connect straight on without dumping the coolant. Ive already got one of the 2 connections I need on the sam q plate. I will need a modified heater core to finish the job, but thats not hard to arrange. No harder than fixing the radiator.

Getting there mate, getting there........... your gonna be tearing up the streets of Brisbang before I am I know that much...

You can go get an exhaust and tune and beat me to it.

We kicked it over tonight. The starter cranked it no worries, with a little work. Haha.

Its wired now, we just need to add an air temp sensor (which funnily enough niz is in your car, haha). :P

Heres a photo. Tomorrow it gets dressed up, and taped together, panels and lights, dash back together and in with ecu and hopefullty it will fugging start and drive. Might run a bit odd, until the exhaust is fixed. Might be good, you never know... hahah.

post-2885-1270042132_thumb.jpg

Edited by LittleRedSpirit