20v Into Ae71.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad
damn no good on the back. I didn't even have a real excuse like that for doing SFA on my projects over the christmas break!

Hahah, Id prefer procrastination over inflammation any day. :)

Anyhow, I have declared 2010 "the year of the labour saving device."

In the spirit of such an occasion I have purchased a parts washer. Just a little one that needs 6-8 litres of Kero in it.

Ive also bit the bullet and bought a sandblaster to do the cars with. The thought of all that sanding makes my back hurt, and my hands tingle, so this sounds much better.

Now I have no excuse... Stay tuned... :S

G'day. How's your back holding up?

Its slowly starting to feel better.

Ive bought some garnet and soda for the blaster, but havent used it yet.

I also did a trade with a fellow and managed to get a straighter bonnet than mine. Happy with that. :wink:

Still waiting on my radiator cap to arrive. I should have just gone down to Taringa and gotten one straight from Toyota.

Oh my god.

PROGRESS!!!

I sandblasted the entire engine bay and radiator support panel back to bare metal.

Now its sitting there all sprayed with 2 coats of acrylic primer/filler. I didnt use etch primer since I'm not too worried what it looks like in 10 years time.

Ill give it a couple of days to dry fully then Ill do 2 or three coats of white over the top and I can finally do the engine conversion and fit all the suspension.

I need to find a good heater core, and also swap the front of body looms over for some better ones that I have.

Just a few weeks to go now and Ill be done.

post-2885-1263767417_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1263767423_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1263767430_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1263767437_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1263767445_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1263767453_thumb.jpg

Good stuff, man.

Its starting to come back together...

I need to swap around the fuel lines so that I have 2 large lines for supply and return, then swap out the fuel tank for the Jap AE86 one that I have.

While I'm under there I will probably drop the diff out of it too, and fit the Jap T series into her, along with all my 4 links that have Nolathane bushes in them.

Once the diff and fuel system are swapped, Ill start fitting the engine crossmember and front suspension, then finally the engine. I'm going to wire it up with the gaurds removed so that the wires can be routed outside the engine bay for the most part.

post-2885-1263855369_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1263855378_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1263855384_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1263855393_thumb.jpg

seen today,

looking good matt

the grey powdercoated parts reaaly bling against the white

if you need a hand just holler....

I did a whole heap more tonight.

I removed the fuel lines from the shell. Then I grabbed the lines I removed from the other nanna shell and removed the skinny fuel return, and swapped it for a feed line from yet another car, so that I have a feed and return the same size, and a fullsize breather. Now they are all installed, although I think i had a bug living in one of the lines so i need to put carby cleaner and petrol through it followed by muchos compressed air.

The T50 was about as filthy as a gearbox can get. I cleaned it with Kero, degreaser, all kinds of crap. Finally it is spotless. Well almost.

I have to swap bellhousings to the jdm one, and fit a new front seal as well as the speedo drive that suits my 4.3:1 diff that I took from the JDM T50 before I sold it a while back. I also need to slip in a new rear seal.

Ive fitted the engine crossmember in, and given the engine bay a quick polish with number 2 polish. Not too fussed about it now, it looks clean and nice.

Tomorrow and the next few days I will keep fitting things back in. Clutch master tomorrow, plus brake booster and porportioning valve. Then I need to remove the dash and swap heater cores and run some better looms for the front of body and underdash looms. The ones in this car are pretty crispy and old. So that means basically every part of the dash needs to be removed. Ill put it all back together with the instrumentation in place. The vidigauge will be making another appearance.

Tank should come out tomorrow, too. Ill have to mod the filler neck on the JDM tank for a more seamless fit, and then fit her up.

Lots to do now. Need more hands and more hours in the day.