LukeAE71

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeh screw it, flare it up like that orange one with the lip spoiler and the AE86 front end in it.

After all, I've got these plans to buy an 80 year old ford and rip right into it with an angle grinder, what's the big fuss with a bloody corolla!

don't think you'll be saying that in 10 years time

yeh screw it, flare it up like that orange one with the lip spoiler and the AE86 front end in it.

After all, I've got these plans to buy an 80 year old ford and rip right into it with an angle grinder, what's the big fuss with a bloody corolla!

Now that's more like it Tom!!! :jamie:

It will be all metal guards, none of this overfender crap. The more I think about it the more it has to be all metal :yes:

seriously though - we're talking about a corolla, not even a sprinter. Lets face it there's much rarer machines out there.

If it were some putz 18 year old kid going to chop it up and full sick it, only to see it parked under the pepper tree for eternal rust damnation, I'd be against it too. But I'm confident that luke will get into it, mod it and pull it off well and everyone will be "wow that's a nuts looking ke1x".

If everyone was doing "granny spec" mods then we would never see the cool modded cars out there. Damn, who wants a 32 ford in original nick... Nobody. The reason everyone wants them is because they look mean with a chop and a channel and no fenders!

BUT - No bog, no bolt ons, just all steel baby.

Edited by philbey

You're right Tom, once I start on it it will be completed.

I started and finished my engine conversion on my last car so there is no reason to doubt that I won't complete this :yes:

I am getting together a range of bald tyres to try on to work out how much flare and stretch of guards is required, so this thing is happening.

I have to measure the front struts too to work out which Otomoto Sleeve Kit to go with, and organise some KE20 adjustable camber tops :jamie:

You're right Tom, once I start on it it will be completed.

I started and finished my engine conversion on my last car so there is no reason to doubt that I won't complete this :|

I am getting together a range of bald tyres to try on to work out how much flare and stretch of guards is required, so this thing is happening.

I have to measure the front struts too to work out which Otomoto Sleeve Kit to go with, and organise some KE20 adjustable camber tops :D

Can you make sure you post the measurements up because the only thing stopping me from buying the kit is knowing what diameter ones are the best for my ke10 and the weight of springs I'm gona use.

If there's not a direct match for the coilover diameter, you could adapt it, probably just turn up some short spacer sleeves to fit a sligthly larger diameter item.

The other half of the suspension/coilover issue is getting a shocker for it. I've got no doubt that you could fit a 911 shock in with a spacer on the bottom end, but there's bound to be other units that will be cheaper.

Edited by philbey