Your Corolla

Teddy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you must have enough gearboxes to build another out of various parts. Either that or you keep breaking the same parts. I tell you, as soon as I've got the cash (and have done some other stuff to the car) I'll be getting an alloy W5x for my car (probably W55).

well i bought my rolla because it was good cheap reliable transport that had a bit of go... now i've got the bug and started to modify it... 20v, suspension, recaro, simmons. i know that the car won't be here for ever but in the mean time it's providing me with heaps of fun, racing down the old pacific hwy and hopefully soon at wakefield.

ultimately i'm hoping to get another TA22 celica because there is just something about old school cars... when someone who is around 50 comes up and congratulates you on owning an older car which they used to love... just makes you feel great. other than that if i could somehow get an original TE27 i'd be stoked. saww one out at al palmers and was just blown away with the old school look and how tuff it was.

but til then the rolla will be my pride and joy, so easy to drive and so easy to modify.

When i was a kid I always wanted a Ferrari, that was never going to happen so as i got older i just wanted something that was nice to drive and a nice car. As i got closer to my license my parents had a spare car lying around that they were going to leave for me, and old Crysler Valiant, auto, with the column shift. It was originally sparkly green but the previous owner had painted it dark blue, with blue house paint that was peeling off so there were green patches all over it. Just before i got my learners, my parents got rid of the car, got a new car and decided to give me their shitbox that the new car was replacing. It was a 1976 KE30, baby blue, with more rust than the titanic. I saw it as just a car to drive until i got my dream car of the time, a mid 90s Supra.

So i got my licence and started driving the KE30, it ran ok, and even though it was slow, behind the wheel you felt like you were really moving. Then one day while driving some mates to a car yard to look at cars i came round a corner in the wet, not really fast at all, but got the car sideways. I'd never got the car sideway before so i overcorrected and did a 180, then slid across three lands and into a bas bay and broke my axle. We managed to get the car home and me and my dad replaced it.

After that i felt defeated, and decided that i had to learn what to do when the car go sideways, so i started experimenting with the car.... and having a little fun

As previously stated RWD + Rain = Lotsa Fun!

i slowly developed a liking for my rustbucket KE30, then my dad started to help me fix it up a little and he said we could score a cheap paint job. So we started rubbing back the car, but we needed a new panel for the front cause the one we had was too rusted. So i went to the local wreckers and saw a shitty loooking white KE55, it was covered in dirt and mould, the seats were ripped and the tyres were flat. It was a sad site, but there was something about the car that drew me in, i couldn't get my eyes off it. All the panels were straight so we decided to buy the sheel. One of my dads mates owned the wreckers and said we could have the whole thing really cheap (to cover for the bill for his christmas party) so on christmas eve i bought the car. Once we started driving it home the car took off, like it was showing off. When we got it home we decided to fix that up instead of the KE35.

we rubbed it back eventually got it ready to go in to get sprayed. The color my dad had picked out was "a really cool blue" although i had no idea what shade. When the car rolled into the booth to get sprayed i hadn't seen the paint. I went away for a few days, and when i got back the car was done. I walked into the factory where the car had been sprayed, it was completely empty, then i saw the car, it was like in a movie when everything goes silent and someone falls in love. When i saw the car i fell in love. the light in the factory showed the pearl of the paint, it went from bright blue to deep purple, and there where huge silver stripes. I knew then that the KE55 was the one for me.

I learnt how to master my 4k and 4sp shitty gearbox. And me and the car went through the good times and the bad, but she's always been there for me.

Now i have just put a 7K and 5sp box in, and the first time i drove it with the 7K the car flew, just like it was showing off to me again. I know that the new engine are gear box aren't the start of something new for my corolla, just my corolla "growing up", and i know that we will be together for a long time still.

So thats the story of my Rolla. I stil wouldn't mind a big turbo'd Supra, but as the days go on i'm falling more and more in love with my old KE55.

My love of my corolla came about by chance really. I had a old datsun sunny, needed to get rid of it as it was coming up for rego etc. Dad said there was a old corolla traded in at his work in the wholesale yard. So i said rightyo i'll give it a look. I arrived to see this granny, shit coloured old corolla. What i really wanted was a AE86 (yes this was before all the hype) At first, i was like, it looks like poo. But after driving it, and having it as mine, i soon fell in love. Its cheap, very reliable, i've only had one problem with it and that was when the brushes on my alternator fagged up.

It would take something pretty major to give up poo, yes i would still like a AE86. The ease of engine conversion, suspension parts, RWD especially in the wet :D

So yeah my corolla didnt come around by me wanting it, it was a chance thing. But once i knew what it was etc. :D

And i don't want to change the colour of it.

Edited by ae71neo

i drive my rolla because

(A) I like them

(B) I can't afford anything else!

when i first got it i didnt... yellow with silver trim (literally a grandma's car) but now with exhaust sterio, new paint and black exterior trim etc i really like it!

would rather drive my rolla than some clapped out old red magna wagon (the square ones) even if they are newer!

P.S The Rotor (RX7) on the 1st or so page is SWEET.. but a guy in my car club (INFMS) in sa got 1 it was black with some sweet gold rims! when he actually received it he found, no spare or tools, leaking and dogy suspension and tyres with rips outta them!! but it still looks kool!

He's putting it in the adelaide AUTO SALON with round 3-4 other cars in our club!!