-- 68Krolla Re-Build --

68krolla

Hi,

I am very interested in your LCA bushes you got made.

Are the bushes in a metal outer case like the original items?

Also the picture looks like you have a small ball bearing in the middle that the cross member shaft goes through to attach the LCA. Is that a bearing or just a plain metal tube?

ALso when pedders looked at the car did you just take in the LCA to them and get one fitted or what? I need some for my car and this looks like a excellent option.

And camry is like the Toyota commodore parts are everywhere so should be a good supply of these bushes cheap to :bash:

Cheers

Cameron

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the original metal outer casings reused, and that metal shaft through the middle of the bush is just a metal tube its not ball bearings. I just took the LCA in with the original bushes and i suppose that they just matched it up from that. They were really helpful aye. I tried a few different suspension places but they pissed me off when they told me there was nothing they could do for me because there was nobody stocking them anymore. But pedders made the effort so they are now my first preference for suspension i think.

I have tended to use my local pedders a lot recently as they still have shocks for KE1X on the self :bash: And always wanna help me and let me in the work shop to help/view work being done on my KE15. Looks like I shall be visiting them next chance with my spare LCA's :yes:

Cheers

Cameron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Guys and Gurls, its been a while but I'm slowly plodding along. I got brakes!!, the hopper stoppers with hq/chev bolt pattern ( for a reason ) and i got my tops engineered with toe-in, toe-out camber adjustments. I realise that my calipers are on back to front but I'm hoping that this will eliminate the sway bar hitting problem. Hope you all enjoy.

post-9188-1279714545_thumb.jpg

post-9188-1279714718_thumb.jpg

....I realise that my calipers are on back to front but I'm hoping that this will eliminate the sway bar hitting problem. Hope you all enjoy.

You mean the calipers are on their opposite sides?

If so how are you going to bleed the brakes?

Unbolt the caliper and twist it around

:) :bash:

Make sure you put some steel/wood about the same thickness (or slightly thicker) as the disk in between the pads first then. Otherwise you're gunna have fun trying to get the caliper back over the disc. ;)

:) :bash:

Make sure you put some steel/wood about the same thickness (or slightly thicker) as the disk in between the pads first then. Otherwise you're gunna have fun trying to get the caliper back over the disc. ;)

Cheers man ill remember that!!

• 2 months later...

Sup People! Big day for the build which i thought i would share with you all cos I'm that kind of a guy!! I got my halfcut, its a ae101 for those who don't know! 7 ribs and oil squirters.. i Also got a rex kelway steam pipe manifold with a t28 s14 bush bearing turbo ( will change eventually) and i got a OEM rwd inlet manifold (still to be polished). I went with an r31 diff that is being shortened at the moment. I should stay busy for a while now and heres all the progress pics..

post-9188-010456900 1285409151_thumb.jpg

post-9188-097369700 1285409186_thumb.jpg

post-9188-095938900 1285409223_thumb.jpg

post-9188-025146800 1285409258_thumb.jpg