Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 Diffs

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a 5k, 5 speed, 4.3:1, 175 70 13's and mine does 3200 at 100km/h. I have got a jap diff conversion coming up in a few months. I vaguely remember my source telling me that it was a rare 3.7:1 ratio. Maybe i misheard, and that it's really a 3.9:1 - i'll find out.

I'm just sick of changing through 3 gears before i get through an intersection, and the fact that i do allot of highway driving.

  • Author

Yeah I'm thinking to bite the bullet and just swap the whole axle out of an ae86 in. I know plenty of people with experience in this swap and then i also get rear disc brakes and an lsd centres are available for it as well

i don't know if this will help, but when i had my starlet in Nz i put a ke70 diff centre into it. now jap ke70's only came out with 3.9 ratio but the later toyota tercel had a KE70 diff under it, with a ratio of 3.7 or 3.5, now the housing won't bolt into a Ke70 as the mounts are in a different place, we know this because we have a diff centre sitting here, 3.7 i think.

 

this all came about looking for a way to fix our axle snapping problems.

  • Author

but the centre will go into a ke70 housing with no problems?

Yeah I'm thinking to bite the bullet and just swap the whole axle out of an ae86 in. I know plenty of people with experience in this swap and then i also get rear disc brakes and an lsd centres are available for it as well

I've heard that if you want an LSD AE86 diff, you have to buy it from a car that came with LSD. Supposedly you can't just swap the LSD centre into a non-LSD diff. And everyone I ask says that LSD rear ends for AE86's cost about $1,000. Ouchy

not so

 

there are like, two or three different types of ae86 diff pumpkins and axles. i believe you can swap a "kouki" type lsd into an early T housing (eg: te72) but not the later "zenki" or whatever

 

a quick search on toymods or club4ag will give all the info one needs :D

If you want to fit an AE86 diff into a KE20, I believe you may have to shorten them if you want a good fit, same as a TA22 diff. Disc brake LSD AE86 diff's are a little thin on the ground, and getting one will be $$$$

sorry click on DIFF CODES (on the left hand side of the screen)

i know that the '74 te28 axles are about 1.5" shorter than the '82 te72, but the splines and size of the axle were the same. the driveshaft flange was even the same.

the TE28 had a 10x41 ring an' pinion, i don't remember what was in bubba

i have a 4.44 from a ke10.....

Edited by mikeys toy

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.