irokin

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not broken, but strange things do happen.

If I click the latest link, it doesn't always take me there. I may end up three or so pages before?

If I reply to a PM, sometimes it tells me I don't have permission.

If i go to an earlier PM from the same person all is well.

Not complaining, You all do a great job. Just doing my duty to the club.

Bamboo

The last read problem is something that's been around for quite a while, software version wise. I haven't really looked into the code so I'm not sure exactly how it works. A few niggly bugs that have cropped up have highlighted the need to move to the new software version (support for the current version ends in June and there hasn't been any major software updates for a while). So I might look at doing that in the next month or two.

The PM issue I haven't heard of before. I might try and replicate it later. Again the new software version might fix this but it sounds like some kind of weird caching error. Do you use a proxy server or opera mini, something like that?

I really don't mind bug reports/complaints. I don't take them as any sort of criticisim, I don't mind doing the work and they're entirely necessary. I can't really be across every feature of the board so I need extra feedback from you so I know where the problems are. :thumbsup:

The PM issue I haven't heard of before. I might try and replicate it later. Again the new software version might fix this but it sounds like some kind of weird caching error. Do you use a proxy server or opera mini, something like that?

Had to wiki proxy server/opera mini. I know a hell of a lot more about cars than computers.

From what I gather, no. Just a regular laptop running vista. The PM thing is defiantly a recent thing I've noticed.

this is the message i get

The following errors were found

The number of opening and closing quote tags does not match. Please fix this to submit your post.

This personal message has not been sent

this is happening more and more!!!

On a lighter note, I love the filter. Can we have it on everything?

Edited by Bamboo

• 2 weeks later...

URL where the error occured: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/

What you were trying to do: Nothing really..

Approximate time (so I can check the logs) Always

Browser version - Help -> About: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Coke or Pepsi? Coke for sure

The little line that says "Welcome back; your last visit was" is always stuck on "Welcome back; your last visit was: Nov 29 2008, 02:09 PM"

That's a dam lie. I read RC almost every night! It's been doing this for a fair while, I was waaay too lazy to report it though.

Had to wiki proxy server/opera mini. I know a hell of a lot more about cars than computers.

From what I gather, no. Just a regular laptop running vista. The PM thing is defiantly a recent thing I've noticed.

this is the message i get

The following errors were found

The number of opening and closing quote tags does not match. Please fix this to submit your post.

This personal message has not been sent

this is happening more and more!!!

On a lighter note, I love the filter. Can we have it on everything?

Ah, well just check your quote tags, make sure you haven't deleted or broken any. Failing that you can just delete the quoted text. Not sure why the software would suddenly break tags by itself. Hrmm

Which filter would that be? :laff:

That's a dam lie. I read RC almost every night! It's been doing this for a fair while, I was waaay too lazy to report it though.

Haha, always been broken since probably forever. Not sure why it doesn't update or whats supposed to update it. I suspect its probably based on your login key changing so thats probably the last time you were logged out completely. If you hit logout and log back in I suspect it'll update but if you're just logging in on an existing session key then it wont update.

You're the only one that sees that figure anyway so its just supposed to be used to check if someone else has logged in on your account. Everyone else sees "Last Active" which is updated whenever you click a page while logged in.

Haha, always been broken since probably forever. Not sure why it doesn't update or whats supposed to update it. I suspect its probably based on your login key changing so thats probably the last time you were logged out completely. If you hit logout and log back in I suspect it'll update but if you're just logging in on an existing session key then it wont update.

You're the only one that sees that figure anyway so its just supposed to be used to check if someone else has logged in on your account. Everyone else sees "Last Active" which is updated whenever you click a page while logged in.

I do log out and log in fairly regularly because I use RC on my iPhone and that seems to log me out. Ah well, it's not really that important I suppose.

Ah, well just check your quote tags, make sure you haven't deleted or broken any. Failing that you can just delete the quoted text. Not sure why the software would suddenly break tags by itself. Hrmm

Which filter would that be? :laff:

I don't break anything ( i think). I just hit reply to a PM and it comes......good luck.

The state filter. It's so damn sexy!

I gotta get out more

• 4 months later...