B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the money involved I would suggest you replace everything in the ignition system just to be sure. At the least it won't hurt. Get new Points, condensor, rotor button, dist cap, and plugs for a start. Don't forget the condensor, lots of people over look them because they seem like they don't do much, but your points will get eaten away with out one and if the one you have isn't doing it's job correctly the same fate will await your new points. If doing this proves no improvement replace leads. Still no improvement, start on the carb.

You may be able to get away with simply cleaning and adjusting the points. It is something that needs to be checked and adjusted at least every 5000k for happy performance. However, for the maybe $100 (TOPS) all the brand new ignition parts will cost you, I suggest you just do it right the first time or else you end up chasing your tail.

Matt

i belieive timing on a 4k is 8 degrees defore top dead center, and the points and plug gaps are .8 of a millimeter, 10 degrees will probly work but 15 on a standerd 4k definately will not. Just to rule it out, jack up the back of the car and put it in neutral with handbrake off, your brakes cylinders might be slow to release, sounds stupid but its happened to my ke70 on one side, you could do the front as well.

i belieive timing on a 4k is 8 degrees defore top dead center, and the points and plug gaps are .8 of a millimeter, 10 degrees will probly work but 15 on a standerd 4k definately will not. Just to rule it out, jack up the back of the car and put it in neutral with handbrake off, your brakes cylinders might be slow to release, sounds stupid but its happened to my ke70 on one side, you could do the front as well.

BULL f@$kING SHIT! my 4kc on 10degrees chewed through fuel, went no where, just a absolute PIG,

bumped it up to 15 and noticed the difference STRAIGHT away, doubled the fuel economy, does bigger skids in the same sitiation where 10degrees didnt

and doesnt idle like a rotary

BULL f@$kING SHIT! my 4kc on 10degrees chewed through fuel, went no where, just a absolute PIG,

bumped it up to 15 and noticed the difference STRAIGHT away, doubled the fuel economy, does bigger skids in the same sitiation where 10degrees didnt

and doesnt idle like a rotary

I'm just giving him the information from underneath the bonnet of a stock standard ke70 4k engine, STOCK. its written on the label.

• 3 weeks later...

my manual says for flat spots on acceleration

*faulty accelerator pump linkage: Check and rectify pump linkage

*faulty accelerator pump plunger cup: renew pump plunger

There are NO diagrams so i have no idea what to rectify renew. Read the whole carby bit of the manual and still can't find a diagram showing this part. If you could point me towards what it is or a photo i would appreciate it.

should be on top of your carby mate.

take the whole airfilter assembly off and have a look at the links. one should go up to top of carby and it pushs a plunger down. thats your accelerator pump, i drops a blob of fuel in to compensate for the sudden change in air been sucked in by pressing the throttle. If its sticky, or the bit the fuel comes out is clogged, it wont function properly and youll get the problems your having now.

i replaced mine and set it according to the Toyota K motor Yellow manual and bam, havnt had a problem since.

Good luck, will snap some pic tomorrow if i remember :lolcry:

sweet cheers mate ill check it out, is this something i can pick up at repco? Or will i need to order it in from a toyota parts place.

Ive been surfing the web for ages trying to find some pics, doesnt help ive been throttled back to 32kb/s.

I'm just giving him the information from underneath the bonnet of a stock standard ke70 4k engine, STOCK. its written on the label.

yep says the same thing in my manual, it also says 91 octane

i ran shell v power on 8 degrees and it ran like a old 3 legged pig, so after a couple of days i tried bumping the timing up to 15 degrees and taking it around the block. i did that a felt a difference so i left it there.

but i was running 91 on 8 degrees for a couple of days, it was pinging/ detonating you name it

Edited by Evan G