Think Its That Time Of The Year Again

Falken_KE30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you might get laughed at a little bit, but you might also be suprise how tolerant people are just because you're out there giving it a go. The diahatsu deffinately wouldn't be the slowest car I ever seen out there.

They won't let you race with an oil leak though.

Pay for a trailer and I'll let you race Dirt!? :wink:

Hour an a half drive to the dragway...... big woop!!

Most Sydney siders would take longer than that to get to WSID!!!!

I think you should come and then you can see how my car goes and vice versa. :wink:

I know its not that far, but i don't know how reliable my car is, and i don't really wanna break down and be stuck somewhere.

It would be awesome to come along though!

Nah mate, ever heard of ANDRA - Australian National Drag Racing Association......

http://www.andra.com.au/

They're just like CAMS but they govern all drag racing events in Aus. CAMS has nothing to do with drag racing.

Similar requiements to CAMS - Long sleeve shirt and trousers as well as closed footware. You obviously need a helmet but you don't have to have a fire extinguisher - The firey's are always very quick on the scene.

One other main diff between CAMS and ANDRA is you can get an ANDRA DAY LICENCE, which is $10 compared to the compulsary CAMS S2 12 month licence for $90'ish.

Entry fee (public liability insurance etc) is $50-70 depending on event so along with the $10 day licence a trip to the dragway is MUCH cheaper than any circuit track day.

Nah mate, ever heard of ANDRA - Australian National Drag Racing Association......

http://www.andra.com.au/

They're just like CAMS but they govern all drag racing events in Aus. CAMS has nothing to do with drag racing.

Similar requiements to CAMS - Long sleeve shirt and trousers as well as closed footware. You obviously need a helmet but you don't have to have a fire extinguisher - The firey's are always very quick on the scene.

One other main diff between CAMS and ANDRA is you can get an ANDRA DAY LICENCE, which is $10 compared to the compulsary CAMS S2 12 month licence for $90'ish.

Entry fee (public liability insurance etc) is $50-70 depending on event so along with the $10 day licence a trip to the dragway is MUCH cheaper than any circuit track day.

Yeah awesome, but it's just driving in a straight line for a few hundred meters right?

Have you got access to a tow vehicle? Trailer hire is only $50 through SC trailer hire.

Then if you did happen to break it at Tarmak you can just trailer it home.

I've got mum's falcon thats got a towball, might have access to a free tandom trailer for the weekend, not sure if its registered or not, as one of our dodgy mates ownes it lol.

Knowing my luck i probably would break something, so maybe i'm better off towing it down.

Yeah awesome, but it's just driving in a straight line for a few hundred meters right?

yeah..... right. But.

Have a read on the ANDRA website (or somewhere else) about how "dial in" racing works. Ie nomiate a time and try and stick to it. You wouldn't believe how much fun it is trying to get to the line first when you've got a much faster car screaming up behind you, or you are the much faster car trying to catch up before the line.

Theoretically the slower your car is, the better your chances of winning a round actually are cause you're more consistant. Google Melissa Argee! :wink:

yeah..... right. But.

Have a read on the ANDRA website (or somewhere else) about how "dial in" racing works. Ie nomiate a time and try and stick to it. You wouldn't believe how much fun it is trying to get to the line first when you've got a much faster car screaming up behind you, or you are the much faster car trying to catch up before the line.

Theoretically the slower your car is, the better your chances of winning a round actually are cause you're more consistant. Google Melissa Argee! :wink:

Cool man, that actually does sound pretty fun!

The diahatsu deffinately wouldn't be the slowest car I ever seen out there.

Maybe, but it'd be close :jamie: If it cracks 100Kph over the quarter, I'd be amazed.

Pay for a trailer and I'll let you race Dirt!? :)

Awesome offer man, but you know my luck with other peoples cars, I'd more than likely break something, crash or cause the sun to implode or something...... :lol:

I'll see if I can fix up the oil leak and get the shit running again, might be worth the laugh

Edited by Toy-Yoda