Can You Identify Anothe Gearbox For Me Please

Beauc

Members dont see this ad
Thought so, so does that still class it a t50? thanks

I'd agree with towe, TA22. Its a T50 but they don't really fit on 4As properly. I seem to remember demuire went though a few input shaft seals (or was it bearings?) on a few TA22 boxes before giving up and buying a 4A T50.

TA22. Its a T50 but they don't really fit on 4As properly. I seem to remember demuire went though a few input shaft seals (or was it bearings?) on a few TA22 boxes before giving up and buying a 4A T50.

Any one confirm this !!!The input shafts look the same to me as well as the bearing.

Sorry to hijack thread.

I thought it would be a case of changing bell housings over?

rob

Hey Rob, I'll have a look when i get home, the ta22 bell housing is physically a lot larger than my other one though.

The ta22 is a 20 spline and my other is a 22 spline (on the tail shaft end of course), I'll check to see if either my manual or auto tail shaft fits direct onto the

20 spline.

-Beau

Edited by Beauc

Hey Rob, I'll have a look when i get home, the ta22 bell housing is physically a lot larger than my other one though.

The ta22 is a 20 spline and my other is a 22 spline (on the tail shaft end of course), I'll check to see if either my manual or auto tail shaft fits direct onto the

20 spline.

-Beau

Whats with the inspection window on the top?

Looks almost like an alternate position for a clutch fork but no bolt holes to mount anything near it.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

The other gearbox, in the bottom of the pic is a T50 T-series tranny. Fitts 3T-C/2T(-C). Got the exact same trannys. Otherwise it's the same boxes exept the bellhouse and number of splines out. The AE86,AE70 has 22 splines and TA12,22.TE27 etc has 20 splines. Correct me if I'm wrong. / Gnaget

Whats with the inspection window on the top?

Looks almost like an alternate position for a clutch fork but no bolt holes to mount anything near it.

Nah thats exactly what it is - an inpspection window. K-T bells have them too. :)

When I saw that top pic in your projects thread I though it might also be a K-T, but now seeing it from behind its clear its not.