The Oz Hip-hop Thread

RedKE30

This is a thread for any Aussie Hip-hop/Rap heads around here. Keen to hear other peoples thoughts on whats happening in the Aussie hip-hop scene.

Please feel free to post up:

• Youtube or similar song/video links
  • Your favourite artists
  • Shows you've been to in the past
  • Show's you're going to
  • Thoughts/comments/whatever

Support Oz Hip-Hop!

Edited by RedKE30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude they are all good, havent really delved into the underground stuff but everything they play on the J's is good. So sweet its not about bitches and N words. I reckon Phrase is gonna get big, man his shit is amazing. Wish I could of got to his live show up in Noosa the other week. I've gotta start writing down the names of hip hop dudes on the J's so I can buy some albums. And Drapht, so good.

Love aussie hip - hop. Started out from hilltop hoods ealier stuff like left foot right foot, matter of time, back once again. Now into most but hilltops are still my fave along with pegz, bliss n eso, muph n plutonic, drapht, downsyde. Seeing hilltops when they toured back in july at festival hall was probably one of my fave live shows

Me 3.

B4 the hoods were big I saw 'em in the cherry tree. For all of you outside of Melb, it's a little club off Flinders lane. (google it)

I was in Hawaii a couple of years ago and borrowed a friends car and cruised the main drag with that shit pumping!! so memorable.

Good to see some support on RC! Keep the comments coming guys.

Anyone heading to Good Vibes in Melbourne next weekend? If so, check out Diafrix. Two african refugees re-settled in Melbourne, their stuff is pretty good! Quite a different flavour.

Bliss N Eso is a good band...Although one of them is a Pommie who moved to Australia so not sure if that counts.

Yeh Bliss N Eso are a quality act. Bliss is actually a Yank :).

On another note, did anyone happen to hit up one of the Good Vibrations Festivals? Went to the Melbourne festival today, saw some real talent! Diafrix represented for Aussie hip-hop.

I saw Kid Cudi, Salt-N-Pepa, Naughty By Nature and Busta rhymes aswell.

EDIT: I have one of those Obese Hoodies. I love it! You should go check out the store in Prahran. Very good place.

Edited by RedKE30

Yeh Bliss N Eso are a quality act. Bliss is actually a Yank :).

Ahk, Thought he was from the U.k due to this part of Party at my place.

Hand-Cuffed To The Taps N Now She Fillin The Bath

I'm From The U.K So She Love The Way That I Rap

But The B*tch Got Sideburns Worst Then Sharft

Edited by Tume