Tally's Jdm Ke25 Build Up Round 2

Tally

Mcloud plating in edwardstown, $150 all up for say a 3L bucket full. Worked out good. Although they really only do large amounts as minimum charge is $250.

Cheers luke for the powdercoating, overrated as job you did

cheers heaps

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha thanks man.

Yea look it is screaming out engine conversion but I'm not prepared to do one at this point.

But it's on the cards 100%, either a 4age or 13BT.

If we get a drag strip built I'll go 13BT and 28x9's, if not then 4age for some track work at Mallala.

Ok so been busy, started cleaning up my engine. Its a KE70 4K-C.

ripped all the emissions and useless junk of it.

Need to replace front and rear main oil seals, new 3K water pump and thermostat housing.

Also need to get flywheel cleaned up and faced for new clutch.

And then should be good to go to drop it in and fire it up.

Also got a electronic dizzy from Ryan SLO-030.

4611022730_e34b1be09a.jpg4610414835_940c97f629.jpg

and how the car is looking atm:

4611020562_5bdb55cd70.jpg

Edited by Tally

alright few questions I need to get answered.

Which Corolla came with the smallish oil filters. Not the big KE70 ones. Need to know so I can go to Toyota and get a genuine one. A part number would be ideal...

Also 3K lower thermostat housing, can I get them brand new? pretty sure you can?

Also need to figure out what brake master cylinder I'm going to use. Heard about Datsun 240K/200B items, or 323 one's that bolt in... If anyone has some advice let us know. I can buy these brand new can't I?

Which Corolla came with the smallish oil filters. Not the big KE70 ones. Need to know so I can go to Toyota and get a genuine one. A part number would be ideal...

Also 3K lower thermostat housing, can I get them brand new? pretty sure you can?

Also need to figure out what brake master cylinder I'm going to use. Heard about Datsun 240K/200B items, or 323 one's that bolt in... If anyone has some advice let us know. I can buy these brand new can't I?

Z386. 4age oil filters, i had my old 4k. oil light would go off before the battery light :P

hey mate

just woundering what kind of booster are ya running, my dad has a ke30 one on our car and we found that the master cylinder of a all wheel disc patrol fits and has an inch bore and bolts straight onto the booster!!

hope that helps u out a little mate if not don't worry and great build keep up the good work!!!

see ya

jimi

Thanks guys for the help.

Ended up getting a YZZE1 Corolla Oil Filter. Genuine Toyota. Real small one and not as thick in diameter. $15 bucks can't complain.

Ok so today went and bought new water pump. Repco didn't have a KE20/25 one, so had to get a KE30/55 one with the heater outlets on both sides.

Also went to Just Wrecking Toyota and got a KE30 lower thermostat housing, $20 bucks, had to take out the heater hose outlet, long story short, cracked it so lost $20 bucks. Spewin lol.

Really would of preferred a KE20/25 pump and lower thermostat housing....

Well I now need another lower thermostat housing. Repco don't do new ones, might try a few other places and see what comes up.

Also snapped one of the four bolts that holds that plate at the back of the head. Any idea how to go about getting it out. bloody hell lol

Also snapped the bolt that adjusts the alternator angle.... so wasnt my day today...

because of the different heater hose setups on the corollas E2# E3# E5# E7# the thermostat housing and waterpump is different between all of them.

So as I got a new waterpump, its for a E30 with two heater hose outlets, so I need to get a thermostat housing with no hose outlets otherwise I'm going to have 3 outlets with only two hoses to fit.

Stock KE25 has one hose going to thermostat and the other going to the carby side of the waterpump.

the water pump I have has a outlet on either side, making fitting the hoses a little trickier...

kinda see what I'm getting at here: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9859