Tally's Jdm Ke25 Build Up Round 2

Tally

Tally

I see you are running the AE86 Power Steering Arms with the adapter from T3.

Can you tell me do you need different tie rods or other steering components or is this expected to bolt straight up to the existing set up?

I am seriously looking into this option as running AE86 struts will open up lots more options in terms of suspension, brakes etc. :yes:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Straight bolt in with KE2# top hats.

As I'm using standard LCA's, no need to change tie rods. When I do go longer LCA's in the future then yea would prob change tie rods to longer ones which isnt a problem.

yea I went AE86 struts as basically very similar to TE27 I think and also the fact that so much shock, brake and spring options/uprgades are available.

Today I got the front guards and bonnet repaired. Cut out rust and replaced with new metal. Body filled them lightly, sanded them and got them in a couple coats of hifill and guidecoat.

no pictures tonight but will get some tomorrow (monday)

Ive ditched the mustard colour and am thinking white or orange, leaning towards white...

Pictures of me guards & bonnet in primer:

4422156154_4452eae2fb.jpg4422155394_f269739ea2.jpg

4421388707_d3796369b0.jpg

now just got doors left to do. will get right one done but waiting on a rust-free passenger side one as mine has rust all underneath it :no2:

Edited by Tally

ok so picked up a new passenger door yesterday. 99% rust free so pretty happy about that.

Thing is its a KE20 door and as everyone knows KE20 window frame is higher by 2cm.

So we going to unpick it and swap my KE25 one over into it. Way easier then cutting out rust sections and fixing me KE25 door, pics in due time and you'll understand LOL

Colour has been chosen = White, but I'm still yet to decide what type of white, I do want to stick to a Toyota white though so if anyone has some colour codes with pics please post >|

Hey Tally, love your plans mate.

Good to see more early model rollas being built with inspiration from the period Jap street scene!

If your interested; I know the white that originally came on my car had the code H2, this was then re-released in 1990 as "Peak White" with the code AA.

Keep at it man.

Dougal

Thanks guys appreciate it.

Ok so today's effort.

Got home from tafe around quarter to 4 and went straight into the shed and didn't get out till 10 lol

Picked up a door of sleish on Sunday, had minimal rust but it did have shit loads of dents, but id prefer dents over rust any day.

So as it was a KE20 door the window frame was too tall so unpicked it and welded in my KE25 one.

here is the results of tonight's efforts, haven't lined it up 100% yet but all seems to be spot on so I'm real happy.

4437467831_39b3a49bfa.jpg4438244726_05559e431f.jpg

also ive got these rims for it, they are 13" and 4X110 Formula 1 JDM wheels, very lightweight, similar to Watanabe or Superlight style.

I wont be needing them as I am going 4X114.3 so if anyone is interested drop me an offer.

4437471373_bc54053bbd.jpg

Edited by Tally

You used the same process that I'll be doing on my spare KE20 doors I have.

Much much easier to swap the window frame around.

How many spot welds did you have to drill out to get it to come apart?

I sure hope you didn't pay much for that door... I just checked the one I have, no rust underneath and minimal dents :wub:

nah got it for 50, i didnt hear back from you man, so i assumed u didnt want to part with it, anyways its all good, got a door at least

You used the same process that I'll be doing on my spare KE20 doors I have.

Much much easier to swap the window frame around.

How many spot welds did you have to drill out to get it to come apart?

3 on one side and 4 on the other, also at the top of the door they are braised with brass from factory so we grinded them back heated them up and tapped the frame out...

Edited by Tally