Tally

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Test fitted the extractors, they fit ok apart from number 2 pipe which hits the chassis rail. They are an unusual design compared to the more common design with the two straight primaries and the outers that follow suit.

The collector seems to be in a good position though.

Seems to me as they are better suited to a ke3#, ke55 or ke70 engine bay so if anyone is keen on them let me know will put up for sale thread.

They are basically used but in brand newish condition

Now I'm wishing I never sold my previous set :S haha

Why is it a good thing?

They fit but they hit the chassis rail, so cbf trying to make them fit. If I run them as is they will just add a heap of vibration to the car. Bit of a pain to put on as there is no room and they are weird design, my engine bay is disgusting at the moment :(

Save myself the hassle and get some that fit.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so I bought this parts car this week :blush:

time to rock and roll...

engine, gearbox and diff all out now, as can be seen I unbolted everything and lifted the car off the drivetrain.

car is going to scrap lol totally stuffed rust everywhere...

looks to be a late model 2TG engine, not sure what its out of, but the gearbox seems like original ta22 5speed

also got the diff with it, any good? t-series...

5499623594_6b4879f6c6.jpg

5499053569_330d21b063.jpg5499053619_28d4d113cf.jpg

Edited by Tally

Yes, keep the diff, assuming it is a T series. If it has coil springs in the rear it will be a T. Keep the tailshaft as you will want the front and rear yokes.

You may get away without having to narrow the diff as the TA22 T series is only marginally wider than a TE27 T series, as long as you don't go too wide or silly with offset..

You will however need to remove the spring seats and have leaf spring mounts added, so keep your KE25 diff and cut the spring seats off that. If you leave the panhard rod mount on the diff, you could try welding a mount to the chassis so you can add a panhard rod!

Obvious advantage is that you can bolt in a LSD from an AE86 which are readily available. And there are various diff ratios available. I believe TE27's used a 4.3 which most T series AE86's ran standard so your tacho dash speedo will read properly! Just make sure you get an earlier Zenki centre, as the axle sizes got bigger in the later kouki diffs.

I have a TE27 tailshaft here, plus a TE27 axle housing on the way, so if you need specific measurements, happy to take these for you.

If you get real excited, there are rear disc conversions via Toymods that don't look too hard.

Thanks for the info mate!

Ross, picked if up off a guy called Andrew south of the city, said he bought it off a wrecker decided not to use it for his celica's. Also heard Fours 'n' More / Sleeka Spares closing up?

and yea looks like the car hadnt seen the road for some time so the engine is in need of some attention.

full rebuild is coming :) new everything...

gives me time to get a crossmember sorted and see what I'm going to do about the pedal box.