Traditional Toyota Logo?

Members dont see this ad
Hi all,

What's the "official" name for the older Toyota Japan logo? As in the banner of this site (and elsewhere?)

head_06.png

Any help appreciated. (looking for a larger copy to photoshop.)

Cheers

It's commonly referred to as the TEQ logo as that's what the letters looks like in our alphabet. I believe however that it is simply the Kanji for Toyota. So if you want a big one, probably google images TEQ or TEQ logo, that sort of thing.

Oh also it's the lucky eight strokes. So don't spray paint it on your bonnet or something ridiculous like that or else Japanese monsters will eat you.

Edited by xmoht

I can read bits and pieces. I'm much better at speaking!!

It's Katakana, the alphabet used for foreign words.

The first letter is To, second is Yo, and no prizes for the third.....Ta.

The alphabet has 46 characters, most are double sounds except vowels and the letter N. Then there are also hybrid characters with triple sounds....

http://gumpas.com/chat/pics/katakana-chart.gif

But wait there is more.

The same sounds with a different alphabet are used for "Japanese" words, Hiragana.

Then there is Kanji. 40,000 plus characters as per the Chinese alphabet. essentially there is no end to this alphabet due to meaning being implied/created. In Japan you can not read a newspaper until secondary school. It's that tricky.

See why I just learnt to speak. Much easier!!

Edited by Bamboo

This isn't exactly what your after, but a good read http://carlogos.info/index.php/Toyota

(though the name Toyota was chosen as it was the founder's name, not for its literal meaning)

Altho the founders name was Toyoda, There is a pretty good documentary on the Toyota I watch over x-mas but I honestly can't remember what it was called.

Altho the founders name was Toyoda, There is a pretty good documentary on the Toyota I watch over x-mas but I honestly can't remember what it was called.

It was named after Toyoda-San. But all the chinese characters have"meaning", which is how they choose given names.

Examples are female name, Yoko. Yo means "the sun" and Ko means "female child" Hence there are a lot of girls with ko in there name.

Also male name, Mitsuo. Mitsu means "3" and o means "rd". So if your the third son (IMO parents are lazy) you may get that name. If you every meet a Japanese person, ask them the meaning of there name. Half an hour of your life you'll never get back.

• 2 weeks later...