What Is It Worth

comtoy

don't disappear this time

ok i have a KE35 hardtop with enough parts from three corollas to make a very good one most of the rust issues with the KE35 have been fixed car is just about ready for paint and am thinking of SELLING IT and wondering what it might be worth as an unfinished project as i need to get other things done and just wondering which project car should go to give me some funds would it be worth finishing the corolla or selling as unfinished project

Members dont see this ad

i don't know why these threads exist. what kind of answer are you expecting?

"ke35's are sik mate you should fulli finish it eh, they go hard"

or

"nah ke35's are garbage, sell it and buy a volvo and put an ls1 into it"

or

"sure ill buy it for $100"

first off you havent provided any pics, or any information on the car. what is included? what isnt? rust? k's? engine? registered? roadworthy? wheels? brakes?

also have a read of the "how to write" thread in the social section. single sentences don't generally have 90 words in them.

if you want to sell it, put it up for $1000 and keep dropping the price untill someone buys it.

if you don't want to sell it, stop making threads and get on with finishing it, you say you have the parts. There can't be more than about 48 parts in a late 70's corolla, shouldnt take you long;)

like taz said, only you can decide if you want to sell it.

...... and hence why your last thread with the same question would have been deleted.

The admin/mods have been getting a little sick of these types of threads. Its not far off being an EOI (expression of interest) for sale thread really.

Carry on..... but don't come sooking to us if you don't like what other might say about it.

I understand what you guys are saying, i guess we're interested in what they have sold for in the past and what condition they were in. Whether or not you want to do a project on it or not, is a question on how much your going to put into it and if your likely to keep it after finishing it. That's my problem as i have rebuilt the motor, done a gear box conversion, front brakes, bought panels and all that, getting this far i'm thinking i'm not going to be able to make what i spent so where do i go from here, you know.

So it heaps hard to say "oh this car sold for this much and this was the condition" everyone's heard that line, if you don't have anything helpful to say keep it to your F$%#IN self

So i bought my ke35 for 500 with an exhaust leak, not much rust, damage to the front 1/4 panels and doors, automatic with a couple of hundred thousand k's....geee that was so hard, i might need to see a doctor

Edited by jono1986

If you're having a go at Evan Jono, then I going to back him up.

In this instance....

what is it worth = how long is a piece of string?

....is 100% correct!! ;)

If either of you REALLY want to find out what your cars are worth - Put them on the market!!! I don't mean to sound like a smart arse but thats just how it is.

Another thing you need to except RIGHT NOW about modifying cars Jono is you'll NEVER get back what you spent on them. Its just a fact of life. You don't see (for aguments sake) a KE70 full of A J P S parts go for the average price of a KE70 + the total RRP of all the parts in it do you! You pay the average price of the KE70 + more like 1/4-1/2 of what the A J P S bits cost.

If you don't like this reality then stop modifying your car now and just enjoy it how it is.

Man, I've spent probably close to $20K on my mazda to date...... and I know I'm not going to ever get that back. Yet in the next 10 years I'll probably pour another $10k into it!! You just do it for the love of modding cars.

Modifying yes i know, you won't make what you spent, but rebuilding/restoring you will see a gain on the original cost of the car but still not as much as you spent. I guess what i was saying was, how much have people sold and bought them for and what condition they were in

it comes down to luck.

I paid $1500 for a slightly damaged KE25 with 4AGE (haltech ecu), brand new diff, wheels, prelude seats, 2pak paint job etc. And i had to pay another $2500 getting the panel damange repaired and painted. So it has cost me 4000 for a corolla that I wouldnt sell for double (because I love my corolla)

Based on that your car would be worth roughly negative $1500.

Modifying yes i know, you won't make what you spent, but rebuilding/restoring you will see a gain on the original cost of the car but still not as much as you spent. I guess what i was saying was, how much have people sold and bought them for and what condition they were in

Roughly i think you would get your $500 back. if you wanted to restore a car to make money, sir you picked the wrong one.

A ke3x/5x is considered the least desirable corolla of all, and even the most desirable shapes are worth nothing.

Go buy an LJ 2 door shell, a nasty monaro shell for 20k, or even a hk sedan i think will be worth something soon enough.