Twinky's Old Fart [Now Super Dooper Charged]

Twinky

Welp...... ECU ignition output if fubar..... Checked the output signal with a CRO and a noisy sine wave is coming out.

It's meant to be a square wave running 70% on 30% off. Soo...... I'm pretty pissed off.... Will be looking for a new ECU now.

Which means re wiring the whole f@$king lot....

Members dont see this ad

I HAAAVVVEEE SSPPPAAAAAAAAAAAARRRKKKKK!!!! YES! f@$kern finally.... It still won't start though.....

I've double checked that the timing isn't 180 out so that part is good. Sounds like the timing is off though so maybe I have to tinker around with the

ignition signal. Finally thoug I have progress!!

• Upvote 1

Ok so what I have done is made a simple Transistor amplifier to the output of the ECU. The ignition signal was only around 1 volt and was not triggering the ignition module.

I'm thinking that the amp is casuing the issue but I am unsure. I don't know if the Ignition module fires on the rising or falling edge of the square wave. Fuel pressure is at 42psi.

I know that shit if firing up though (smoke comes out of the inlet after a bit of cranking :) )I just need to get my missus to crank the engine while I get on the timing light.

• 1 month later...

SHE LIIIIVVVVEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!

Finally got to the dyno and in less than three hours she is sweet!

Sounds beasting! Turn them speakers up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-bOctd3WB4

Dyno graph with no usefull information.

Apart from KW & AFR

Dyno.jpg

The cold start is a bit iffy, in that you can start it just fine but it won't hold idle for about 30 seconds untill it warms up just that little bit.

From there it runs great. Launch is a little bit flat but then it kicks in and really pulls you back in the seat at 2500 rpm onwards. I think that might have to do

something with the extractors. To eliminate the cold start I'm going to hunt down an IAC motor and valve and jigg something up. Supposedly ford does something really simple.

Apart from that I'll see is GM has something compatible with my Haltech. I know know why the E6 was not the greatest choice simply because the resolution is not good.

It only does mixtures at 500rpm incriments. Load sense is fine but by rpm these is much to be desired.

I'm soo extatic right now words can't describe it. It feels really good when you have worked on something for soo long and given counless hours, blood, sweat, tears and then

to see the outcome is just spectacular. It has rekindled my passion for it, so much soo that I think it's time for some body work!

Unfortunately my computer has been wiped of all information from my current build ie, pictures, videos. But I will shortly write up something about aftermarket EFI using

the 4k EFI gear.

Woot!

It's an old school Haltech E6, fuel and ignition control. Unfortunately the Ignition output is dead on the ECU so the dizzy takes care of spark instead.

It would be supercharged but I chose against it because I didn't have spark control and I didn't want to root around with the dizzy weights.

So when I get a new ECU I'll slap the supercharger on.

Piccies!

gallery_10173_772_29891.jpg

A bit messy but it works. I need to make a new backing board and I'll neaten everything up.

Damn those facet pumps are noisy!

gallery_10173_772_26474.jpg

Edited by Twinky

Yeah, I'll be looking at doing cosmetic stuff now. Slowly though..... I'm expecting my first daughter mid November so I won't have much time

to do things. Hopefully mid next year I'll pick it all up again but I will be slowly doing things until then.

It's getting there.

Cheers guys!