Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 4K Twin Webbers

Featured Replies

Don't be like that.... Corolla's are for winners and you've got a winner. Just look around for a local place where you can get the plate done. I can't imagine you'd be looking at $800.

If your still on your P's you'll have some trouble if you drive it. Other wise I think Lube Mobile might even do blue plates.

Edited by GJM85

  • Replies 237
  • Views 72.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Went for a longish drive last night, and I have to say she is a rough ride since lowering her hahaah! But I'm not to fussed, will just need to buy a cushion for GORC other wise I will have a very sore

  • We'll miss you here. Hopefully it won't be too long before you're back though. Once Corolla's are in your blood, you are locked in for ever.

Posted Images

hey buddy, would by any chance your car been in templestowe (SE suburbs) on saturday night just gone?? there can't be too many ke20s getting around in this colour I'm guessing!?

get a rwc from somewhere else!

 

another fella with a ke30 + 5k went through vic roads no problem

 

tell the rwc douche its a factory engine, see any modding of the firewall/engine mounts?

 

really get your rwc done by someone else before anything else!

  • Author

Yea I am thinking of getting it done somewhere else, But he did say that if there was an engine brought out in this size around the same year then its aloud to pass :blinks: so if anyone knows these details that would be great :blinks:

 

Evan G - the only reason why he thought it was different was that the engine mounts had been rewelded.. I told him that the car had been taken back to bare metal and this was most likely just a pre-caution measure, but he didnt believe me :jamie: oh well if i need to take it to an engineer then, i will and he may just laugh =]

 

E70van - na mate wasnt me, i live in ballarat and car isnt registered yet so no driving 'legally' for me at the moment haha

Edited by jaygore

  • Author

GJM85 - yea mate I recon I will keep it and honestly I don't think it will be very hard to pass at all. Once that is done, there is not a whole lot to do for me to pass a rwc so, once i pass that my car will be registered within the next couple of weeks :jamie:

  • Author

Called an engineer and he said it is a base $800 for an engineers report for a 5k in a ke20!! I told him that it seemed a bt steep and he said that he only makes $150 on it, where does the rest of my money go?????

  • Author

So I got back from the engineer yesterday, this is going to really hit the pocket :hmm: he said he was not happy with the quilaty of the engine mount welds, he said it will have no problems in passing, but he will need to do some work and testing brakes and suspension and what not. So I'm most likely looking at 1000+ really did not budget for this :blush: oh well It needs to be done I spose so I may as well do it

So I got back from the engineer yesterday, this is going to really hit the pocket :blush: he said he was not happy with the quilaty of the engine mount welds, he said it will have no problems in passing, but he will need to do some work and testing brakes and suspension and what not. So I'm most likely looking at 1000+ really did not budget for this :( oh well It needs to be done I spose so I may as well do it

 

Sorry but that sounds like total crap.

 

Get another opinion :hmm:

  • Author

there are only 3 engineers here, and one only does trucks and this guy is the cheapest, and due to the laws, I have more than 10% increase of power so now I need to get it engineered

 

unless someone can tell me that it should be ok to put a 5k in, but I am going to book my car in for another RWC today I think somewhere else

Why are the engine mounts welded? I though a 5k would drop straight onto ke20 engine mounts.

  • Author

Well i looked at them and I don't think its the case. Iv decided to stick with my old RWC and he didnt want me to get it engineered. So I have been doing alot of work on my car today =]

 

I made a couple of discoveries :|

 

1. My car actually has already been upgraded from 4x110 to the 114.3 woooooo :hmm:

 

2. The front end suspension seems to be pretty much all new :blush:

 

so i am going to be throwing out my rubbish 13inch wheels and look at getting some 16's :( so this has put me into a good mood and a very hopefull mood!! Wooooo

nice as man.

just bid on a town ace so hopefully will have a efi 7k with 5 speed to go in my ke36 wagon I'm gettin.

overrated car dude.

I'm sure teres someone a little dodgey round who will just pass it bro

dude, get some body filler, put a small amount on the top of your finger and run it along the weld so it looks smooth, then paint!

 

f@$k $800!

 

my foreman told me i need to get my car engineered cause i had a manual in it and custom made crossmember!

 

i told him to get FARRRKKKED!

so i am going to be throwing out my rubbish 13inch wheels and look at getting some 16's :hmm: so this has put me into a good mood and a very hopefull mood!! Wooooo

 

I would not recommend a such a large rim... your giving up your ability to corner hard and fast for little gain. You'll manage a higher top speed but you'll sacrifice acceleration for it. If you want big, don't go bigger than a 15"........ 13" or 14" is ideal for this size of car. Perhaps, consider, get something wider with a bit of offset to increase your wheel track and lower it a little if it isn't already.

  • Author

yea you are probably right =] I might stick with my plans to get some 14 or 15 inch super lights =]

 

yea the car needs to be lowered sits way to hi for my liking

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.