May 30, 201016 yr comment_441168 Hey fellow mates. I was just wanting to ask a question about the braces under the bonnet and boot lid and how the adhesive the factory uses to fuse or glue the two together. It is like a hard porus crappy adhesive that had just crumbled away. I want to know if I could you sikaflex or something to make a new join between the two ( Brace and Boot lid etc ) and if that would be good enough for years and years? Or what you have used and what you recommend. Report
May 30, 201016 yr comment_441195 I'm interisted to know what people have used, as i have a sub in my boot and have it turned down to the point of it being useless due to rattles. Report
May 31, 201016 yr comment_441232 This sounds dodgy, but Selleys liquid nails!!! It's cheaper than sikaflex and once it drys(24 hrs)it's hangs on!! Report
May 31, 201016 yr comment_441262 my boot lip spoiler was held on my liquid nails lol pulled it off, but along came all the paint with it.. :blinks: :blinks: Report
May 31, 201016 yr comment_441304 Yeah i was surprised when i first used it how good it hung on. Now i use it on anything that needs stuck down. The mesh on the stone tray of our rally car is held on using it, as well as the roof vent. Fantastic stuff!! Report
May 31, 201016 yr comment_441342 That stuff is insane strong. I it used on my car to fill a small gap when I was out of bog and went to sand it and needed an angle grinder. Report
May 31, 201016 yr comment_441391 i used sikaflex, cause its polyurethane it allows more movement. but i can see the point to using liquid nails. just use something strongly sticky, and stack some heavy books, blocks, bricks on top for a day to make sure its hard down and you will be right :D Report
June 2, 201016 yr comment_441980 i used sikaflex, cause its polyurethane it allows more movement. but i can see the point to using liquid nails. just use something strongly sticky, and stack some heavy books, blocks, bricks on top for a day to make sure its hard down and you will be right :abuse: thats a bad idea. if your filling the gap between the bonnet and boot bracing don't put weight on the skin to close the gap between the two. it will be all warped and f@$ked once dry. Report
June 3, 201016 yr Author comment_442029 yeah i was gonna say :abuse: I wouldn't load books on the skin of it. Would set and be warped as hell! It's either sikaflex or liquid nails. Sikaflex has some give in it though. So maybe sikaflex! Report
June 3, 201016 yr comment_442110 yeah i was gonna say :abuse: I wouldn't load books on the skin of it. Would set and be warped as hell! It's either sikaflex or liquid nails. Sikaflex has some give in it though. So maybe sikaflex! are you speaking from experience? i did it without a drama... YMMV Report
June 3, 201016 yr comment_442126 i agree with the warping. i've looked at doing this myself and if i was to squeeze it all tight together it would warp the panel and look shite. Report
June 16, 201016 yr comment_445251 y couldnt u just support the bonnet on the skin at the far edges or corners and then stack a few books on the bracing with the bonnet upside down? Makes sense 2 me Report
June 17, 201016 yr comment_445295 I laid the bonnet upside down on the lawn and stuck the odd brick on the frame to pre-load it. I used liquid nails but it slowly vibrated off so its been replaced recently by silicon. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now