4k Wont Start

Members dont see this ad

If it's not the battery, get someone to knock the starter motor with a 2 by 4 (plank of wood), that will tell you if the started motor is gone. it could actually be a 50 50 with the starter or the battery, depends on the age of both.

Hey everybody dealing with this problem myself as we speak. Just charged the batt and that's all good. Having trouble locating the solenoid on my 4K. Looked in the knowledge base section but doesn't tell me where to find it.

Thanks, and yes I know I'm a total noob.

I had a car towed into work the other day, the job card read: "car does not start, makes funny noise - towed in"...

I got all excited thinking maybe an engine catastrophe (its quiet and I'd love to get a major job to keep me going for a bit).

flat battery!! the "funny noise" was the solenoid clicking in and out because there wasn't enough current available to keep it in the "on" position. Oh well, probably a better result for the customer lol.

Robert.

I had a car towed into work the other day, the job card read: "car does not start, makes funny noise - towed in"...

I got all excited thinking maybe an engine catastrophe (its quiet and I'd love to get a major job to keep me going for a bit).

flat battery!! the "funny noise" was the solenoid clicking in and out because there wasn't enough current available to keep it in the "on" position. Oh well, probably a better result for the customer lol.

Robert.

Dying to hear how much he got charged for the flat battery!

quoted $180 for a genuine battery, I'm not sure what they charged for diagnosis or anything like that, there wasn't much time clocked onto the RO anyway.

Customer turned up with an aftermarket battery and installed it themselves anyway.

Robert.