Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4k-c Turbo Build!

Featured Replies

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 294
  • Views 211.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • That kid loves that engine hat  

  • Jaydnisevil
    Jaydnisevil

    " I AM SO SMART! I AM SO SMART! SMRT.. I MEAN SMART" You couldn't deduce that from the numerous amount of photos and details of different theoretical plans :P Jokes :P   You'v done it before, fant

  • Jaydnisevil
    Jaydnisevil

    Mate give me a break, its a correctly sized turbo for that engine capacity. I can't run an intercooler so I wanted something that will compress the air efficiently; itl do just fine.

Posted Images

  • Author

Few bits and pieces done today, I've started putting thing's back together... Somewhat.

I mentioned that the head was machined, but never showed any pictures for some reason.

 

Warp in the head

ACAFC29A-1FB7-4251-B634-24EF29299409-32214-0000060E1870A322.jpg

 

Machining

th_64A738F1-566C-4D50-9CF8-04FD47D989DE-32214-0000060E004F4DF2.jpg

 

As you can see, it was quite warped over 2 and 3, most likely why the gasket blew out from there :P

 

 

Thermostat housing is back on with a new gasket, WD40'd parts of the head to prevent rust while I wait for my head-studs; taking their sweet ass time.

 

Finished painting my manifold again, put a bead of petrol proof threebond on the rim of my carby bowl to stop the fuel weep under boost (Which caused the paint to lift last time)

 

E51FF7BC-D5B9-4818-9BB5-5CF0CEEC20C0-32214-0000060E20A658F5.jpg

 

I'll order a new gasket tomorrow because the one that came with the kit was shit quality.

I also still need to make up a new gasket for the external gate, as the old one blew out; the rest of the gaskets (Head, manifold, etc) I've got now.

 

I'll post a picture of the JB welded manifold all painted up when I get home, I intentionality left the rear two legs at the bottom untouched as a comparison as you can't normally see them.

 

111816A7-9072-4410-A300-EA86A7852801-55977-00000A722354FD1B.jpg

It looks better than normal, it could have looked excellent if I spent more time on it.

I just got lazy with the file and sandpaper :P

Anywho, as you can see on the right I did not put any JB/Cold weld on it the lower legs.

 

I'll get my replica BOV mount welded on this week hopefully.

 

[insert picture here]

Edited by Jaydnisevil

  • Author

I've gotten impatient with the head studs, so I'm slowly putting it back together and fixing a few things once the main parts are on.

Somehow I've managed to misplace a head bolt (That was on my bedside table, but has somehow disappeared)

Anywho, they aren't torqued down, so I'll just leave it on until I either find the bolt, or replace them with studs when they arrive.

At least it's in a position that I can hook up most of the hoses and stuff again.

 

8A52F237-A462-41C0-89F4-5DDD9BFD8292-61075-00000B7271772413.jpg

74ED1B1A-A61B-4217-B5E2-3DE8EBB2171D-61075-00000B7277F50127.jpg

 

Ohh yeah, my girlfriend made the heat-shield for me; another freeby from work :)

Might neaten it up when I have some spare time.

Edited by Jaydnisevil

  • Author

Manipulated the heat-shield into position

01C13E89-563B-4F94-9AF4-22C6C46350C1-78064-00000E9756E12012.jpg

 

Carburettor has a brand new genuine gasket, so shouldn't leak petrol this time -_-

 

Blow off valve is welded on

D1CAF337-D848-485C-BEE7-63FAFED5366C-78064-00000E97478DBCCA.jpg

 

 

New Ignition coil, HT lead and dizzy cap (To ensure a good circuit and a good spark with the increased load on the system)

700427E3-620E-40BD-9BD7-9626A7990909-78064-00000E974225FE76.jpg

 

In addition, tonight I connected back up a bunch of hoses, refitted the waste-gate with 2 gaskets and new nuts.

I then went to work on how I planned to hook up my pressure regulator, bov and gauge separate from the waste-gate to ensure a good vacuum and boost supply.

Kinda hard to do neatly, so I'm taking my time while I wait for the head studs or missing bolt to turn up.

hey mate where did you get them runners on your intake manifold and what size are they thanks

^Looks like steam pipe, you should be able to get them from any industrial store in different sizes and types of bends.

 

I don't know why I haven't read this thread before? This thing is awesome!

  • Author

hey mate where did you get them runners on your intake manifold and what size are they thanks

 

Hey, they're 1 1/4" mandrel bend mild steel pipes.

I got them from Performance exhaust in ringwood :)

  • Author

FOUND THE MISSING HEAD BOLT!! In my sock drawer -_- lol.

Anywho it's running and the BOV functions well :)

Need to get a new O2 though, it's long gone :(

After that I need to:

  • check and correct my mixtures
  • Possibly install a larger secondary acc pump nozel
  • Check timing
  • Plumb in external gate neatly
  • Change exhaust possibly to a side pipe with a single larger muffler
  • BUG BOMB THE SHIT OUT OF THE CAR, SO MANY SPIDERS :'(
  • Set boost to 12-13psi (Manifold reading)

Few ideas in the works after all that, but it's finally running again :D

FAD3C16A-13FF-4BC5-8206-A0468C331E0A-1753-00000066A6897C94.jpg

th_F05F494E-94BA-4795-A2FA-43E6F76AE837-1753-000000665D2FB03E.jpg

Edited by Jaydnisevil

  • Author

Ohh yea, I bought a 5 speed trans also :D

So I'll pick it up toward the end of the week, and MAYBE have it fitted this weekend? lol.

  • Author

Boost is set to 11-12 MPSI, I'll leave it there until I get the mixtures right after I replace the O2

Ultimately I want 12-13MPSI, I will say that it's building boost up nice and quick :D

Will take it for a drive tomorrow hopefully and work on the ignition advance again.

 

Gearbox will be picked up on Friday, busy weekend though so may not happen.

Edited by Jaydnisevil

  • Author

Now featuring 5 gears :)

Drives well, like having that extra fun gear.

Pretty sure my mixture woes are due to the air correctors, as it stutters up above 4000rpm; but not below (At 10psi [i dropped it for testing, it'll stay there for now])

Won't know 100% until I get my replacement O2 :)

  • Author

Cheers, I'll give that a shot tomorrow :)

Still leaning towards the air correctors though as the exhaust pops and makes a fuss, except if I keep pumping the pedal at the top end.

 

Nahh I don't think so, i'll have to check.. Think I went to a colder plug when it was pinging to rule that out. Can't recall to be honest :/

What would you reccomend?

Edited by Jaydnisevil

b7es. I've been running them successfully for around 5-6 years now. Have mates who also run the same plugs in vehicles such as turbo RB skylines, supercharged 202 and more so quite a versatile plug. You'll notice as soon as you take it out of the box the tip sits a lot lower which can help with boost effectively blowing the spark out. Gap tem to 0.8 and close it up a little if you think it needs more. It mine it feels like boost/mixtures etc are good but struggles to gain speed, mainly in upper 3rd/4th gears.

 

FYI.....

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/64563-eoi-grouy-buy-copper-em30/

  • 3 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.