220hp Corona For Under A Grand

ke70rolla

while i sat at home waiting for a friend to finish the body on my ke10

i realised i had 3 weeks until i would have my license back and start building the v6 rolla i started talking about last year so i thought how could i build something with power that was fun to drive had okay economy and cost jack shit that i could use as a daily driver,in the shed i had a rusted out impala that still had the 307 powerglide with 152000kms that just needed a carby and ignition,so i found a nice 86 wagon for its substantial engine bay and ripped out the motor and box (scrapped for $70 brings cost of wagon down to $110) then bought a 50000volt hei for it($85 complete cheers ebay dsm work great people are just idiots) and had a brand new 540cfm holley street avenger($440) left over from past times(4V clevo xe probably means nothing) bolted it on timed the chev turned the key,was like i shut it off last night idled on the spot no choke at all and its the first start in 2 years.currently have both cars waiting to be mated together just need to move the chev mounts 10cm back and maybe move the trans tunnel but its looking good so far.give me another couple of days and hopefully it will be nearly done.

v8s arent really seen as a useful engine when it comes to power and handling anymore but i was aiming for cheap build cost,fair economy,reliability,towing is a factor and a car that would not strain in everyday driving.

i will try to work out the build up section when I'm finished and put it in there.

post-7160-1276789146_thumb.jpg

post-7160-1276789368_thumb.jpg

post-7160-1276789573_thumb.jpg

post-7160-1276790576_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Mad plans for a rona waggs man a mate of mine got a 1j into one of these in a sedan though, but in the end it wont be a daily it will turn out to be a big project because thats just what it's like being a toyota driver :lol:, in saying that good luck with the conversion man i'd like to see this thing in person but i dunno if your in bris or not, what are the plans for brakes and all that stuff thats required for an engine conversion legally :/

my brain hurts from reading that

Agreed.

Some sentence structure and punctuation would be awesome in your next post please, kind sir :yes:

I'll be keeping my eye on this one as it seems to be an interesting conversion :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Agreed.

Some sentence structure and punctuation would be awesome in your next post please, kind sir :)

I'll be keeping my eye on this one as it seems to be an interesting conversion ;)

forget punctuation! this guys skills are obviously beyond those of a i.t nerd. try to factor your intrest on the ingenuity going into his build rather than weather his detailed write up has full stops or not! you obviously know where they go, put them in yourself, in your head.

• 3 months later...

sorry guys i can do anything with a car but I'm hopeless with punctuation(i hated school and only passed year six so I'm doing pretty well with the spelling anyway.(look a full stop)thats about it though heres some pictures instead maybe that will suffice.

okay heres a little update:the title reads 220hp chev but now that ive had the time to check internals etc

it turns out i have a 327 with forged crank,old high comps 325hp manifold, corvette 283 heads and a long ratio american powerglide i would guess its around 300hp.

found a little rust that had to be cut out

the crossmember has to be reinforced

i havent looked into brakes (this is my second project toyota the first is also midway a 67 KE10) will probably look at commo and ford brakes to see if they can work

diff will be cressida disc lsd.

for legal reasons ill have to say this car is for burnouts only I'm totally against hoons(can't stand that word)and burnouts and unsafe cars on the road,people having fun or enjoying themselves.like anyone else who builds a high powered car i do not intend on using it yeah right.and 1 pic of the 67 rolla i found under a tree which looks rough as but so far only 2 minor rust holes.

post-7160-091449300 1288319299_thumb.jpg

post-7160-057431700 1288319536_thumb.jpg

post-7160-066995300 1288320349_thumb.jpg

post-7160-038730100 1288320939_thumb.jpg

forget punctuation! this guys skills are obviously beyond those of a i.t nerd. try to factor your intrest on the ingenuity going into his build rather than weather his detailed write up has full stops or not! you obviously know where they go, put them in yourself, in your head.

I agree, his skills are beyond those of an 'I.T. Nerd', but we're trying to keep a readable format on this board.

Have you read the posting rules? Click Here

sorry guys i can do anything with a car but I'm hopeless with punctuation(i hated school and only passed year six so I'm doing pretty well with the spelling anyway.(look a full stop)thats about it though heres some pictures instead maybe that will suffice.

okay heres a little update:the title reads 220hp chev but now that ive had the time to check internals etc

it turns out i have a 327 with forged crank,old high comps 325hp manifold, corvette 283 heads and a long ratio american powerglide i would guess its around 300hp.

found a little rust that had to be cut out

the crossmember has to be reinforced

i havent looked into brakes (this is my second project toyota the first is also midway a 67 KE10) will probably look at commo and ford brakes to see if they can work

diff will be cressida disc lsd.

for legal reasons ill have to say this car is for burnouts only I'm totally against hoons(can't stand that word)and burnouts and unsafe cars on the road,people having fun or enjoying themselves.like anyone else who builds a high powered car i do not intend on using it yeah right.and 1 pic of the 67 rolla i found under a tree which looks rough as but so far only 2 minor rust holes.

Sounds like its going to be a beast and thanks for breaking up your post a bit :)

Makes its a shiteload easier to read!

Keep the updates coming!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...