Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Progress...

Featured Replies

  • Author

No, your mate has nothing to do with my pissed-off-ness. If he wants to buy the paint, that's all good, else no worries. If he wants to piss me off too he can call me and tell me he's coming over so that I can stay at home, and then not show up. That would piss me off.

 

What pisses me off is all these people stuffing me around. If everything worked out the way everyone has promissed me they would, my car would already be on the road. But NOOOO instead I just keep getting f@$ked around probably cause "oh fook's a nice guy, we can just walk all over him". Time and time again. I'm so sick of it, I've had just about enough of it. Everyone promises, nobody delivers. I have a very deep hatred for people like that.

 

Dead ECU: House flooded a few weeks (months?) ago. Compressor was also a bit dodgy (and is still blowing water - trying to paint the front bar and getting little water droplets spitting everywhere is not so fun), welder is not really working (suspected rust binding up the wire feed), dremel is dead, angle grinder making some very strange sounds.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 35.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

IT LIVES!!!

 

Listen to the first roar and rumble of Hal :D

 

Got the engine in the car today, plugged it all in and cranked it over a few times without the leads to get the oil pressure up a bit, discovered a problem - my 40A circuit breaker isn't big enough, and looks like the starter uses more than 40A... So it cuts after about 2-3 seconds of cranking... Not good...

 

Anyway, put a sheet of aluminium against the side of the engine to protect the ignitor and coil and wiring and paint from the exhaust, plugged in the lead and cranked it over, started first go!!! GAWD IT'S LOUD :rolla:

 

04120002-vi.jpg

  • Author

Well, the gearbox is most definately stuffed, but at least I know the clutch works now. So after all that to get the gearbox in, and then out, and then back in again, looks like it'll have to come out again once I source myself another gearbox. Boy, 3 gearbox's just to get one car running!!!

 

Put my primaries on the car and started up the car, rev'ed it to what I would be guessing would be about 3000RPM and slowly eased out the clutch, even with the rear of the car off the ground (and handbrake off obviously) the engine can't even turn the wheels over in reverse or 5th (the only 2 gears I have). Sucks. Also it looks like this one is leaking oil just the same as the one I sent away...

 

When I tow the car up the slope on Thursday morning might try rolling it down the hill a little and see if the weight of the car will start the gearbox turning or something...

  • Author

See, that's half the problem... When I think of what's actually IN the car, it isn't anything flash at all... Stock 150000+k engine, stock rear suspension, stock drivetrain, tiny little drum brakes on the back, no LSD... Only the front suspension and brakes is anything to marvel at...

well, think on the bright side...

 

ull have a good car when ure finished, and look how much u would of learnt !

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.