Jordains 69 Rolla.

Jordain

Hi,

Well I picked up a ke10 off ebay a week or two ago. I was pretty excited when I picked it up because It was my first car, and It is my favourite car. I love ke10's and I can't wait to build it.

My dad and uncle have had abit of history with ke10's, ke17's. ke16's, celica's.. basically any hot car haha. So they were pretty happy when I said I bought a ke10.

34746_1514666431947_1393026071_1356917_617936_n.jpg

This is what i'm working with.

-ke20 discs

-simmons rims

-3k motor I think

-95% rust free in my opinion, Only rust in the bolt on panels

-Pretty good interior, front seats are shot though.

-I think it's been lowered.

Here's a picture of my first attempt at removing rust

38095_1524897607720_1393026071_1382599_3353244_n.jpg

I think I did a pretty good job, There were a few medium sized holes.

38476_1514667831982_1393026071_1356931_323021_n.jpg

Stripping process.

More tomorow when I'm free and don't have assignments i'm ment to be finishing off!!

:)

Edited by Jordain

Members dont see this ad

Hi, Thank's!

I picked it up for $1600. It was on ebay advertised for a while.

I love the wheel's, Actually.. It was one of the main reasons I bought the car. I need to put new tyres on them as the rear's have dunlop slicks and the front's are just some old rooted tyres lol. The wheel's don't actually fit on the car though, I'll need to flare the guard's.. but I don't want to wreck the body since there is no rust in it.

I saw this one on eBay, I would have snapped it up but I bought the other ke10 in Geelong instead! A little closer yo home!

Your car has previously been setup for a rotary, great news as they enlarged the gearbox tunnel to suit. Will make things much easier down the track.

Will be keeping an eye on this one. Great catch.

Jarrad

Nice score mate, will be watching your progress. :)

Rims are nice, but IMO on a white car they would look better if the centres were re-painted black or silver or something.

Keep us posted as you progress.

If I keep the wheel's, I would get the centres painted black and I'd polish the rim's and have a go at straightening them since they have a little gutter rash.The wheel's are going to get the flick. Unless I find a way to fit them under the guards. I've been a tad busy lately and I'm going away this weekend gokarting, but next weekend i've got some mates coming over with wire brush angle grinders and some paint stripper. Car will hopefully be completely stripped and today I bought myself a neat little sand blaster. Keen to sand blast some part's of the car! There will deffiantly be some work done next weekend!! So be prepared to burn your internet download GB's haha.

Still reading a shitload of RTA guidelines and researching 4age motor's. I think I want a 16v - 7 rib block with squirters, w56 Supra gear box and a hilux diff.

I want to do a majority of the work on this car myself, I have access to a workshop with lathes, mill's, a very small and simple cnc mill and a few other goodies so I will try make some cool things.

Cheer's nobbler, I actually had no intention of buying a car 3 week's ago. I seen this ke10 on ebay and .. well I decided I wanted a car and my mum would much prefer me in a car than on a 50cc motorbike lol.

Jordain

.... wire brush angle grinders and some paint stripper. Car will hopefully be completely stripped and today I bought myself a neat little sand blaster. Keen to sand blast some part's of the car!

All I can say is.... take care!! Sandblasting and exuberant wire brush angle grinding can mess up a panel nicely!

Looking forward to seeing progress on this though! I spotted this one on ebay as well. Nice score by the look of it!

very nice looking car mate, love the wheels, make them fit i say!

Still reading a shitload of RTA guidelines and researching 4age motor's. I think I want a 16v - 7 rib block with squirters, w56 Supra gear box and a hilux diff.

i woudlnt worry about the hilux diff with a N/A 4age.

just be gentle on the standard one, or even a T series. least a T series you can just get an LSD from a sprinter.

hilux diff will add about 20% of the weight of your entire car! haha.

ok not that bad, but they are HUUUUGGEEE and not required for a n/a 4age in such a light car.

even the W box is a bit of an overkill for a n/a 4age.

very nice looking car mate, love the wheels, make them fit i say!

i woudlnt worry about the hilux diff with a N/A 4age.

just be gentle on the standard one, or even a T series. least a T series you can just get an LSD from a sprinter.

hilux diff will add about 20% of the weight of your entire car! haha.

ok not that bad, but they are HUUUUGGEEE and not required for a n/a 4age in such a light car.

even the W box is a bit of an overkill for a n/a 4age.

any recommendations on gearbox's ?

All I can say is.... take care!! Sandblasting and exuberant wire brush angle grinding can mess up a panel nicely!

Looking forward to seeing progress on this though! I spotted this one on ebay as well. Nice score by the look of it!

I have been taking it easy, Got the 40 year old panel beater/spraypainter/full time car builder watching everything I do haha! Should be right, hopefully have both doors, boot and the body stripped by the weekend. Got one door 3/4 stripped.

Still need to actually strip the car out! I nearly burnt a hole in the new carpet whilst welding the sill, Smoke was pooring out of the car and the foam was on fire lol.

Jordain.

Edited by Jordain

I was reaserchig this for my ke10-b and t-50 gearbox is the way to go.

Also try to steer clear of the wire brush discs they chew the panels, your local hardware store will have paint striping discs there alot easier on the shell. Use the wire ones in those tight places that the other discs wont do.

Regards

Jason

I was reaserchig this for my ke10-b and t-50 gearbox is the way to go.

Also try to steer clear of the wire brush discs they chew the panels, your local hardware store will have paint striping discs there alot easier on the shell. Use the wire ones in those tight places that the other discs wont do.

Regards

Jason

I got them for the body, but the left door has about 5mm of body filler all over it for some unknown reason, there is a tiny dint in the door and a little rust in the bottum but not in the bottum, it's about 7cm from the bottum lip? I will keep stripping this door haha, the other door i will only half strip and prime up.

Absolutely agree with comments above that the T50 will be fine for your car, and use a T series rear diff out of a TA22/RA28/T18 or along those lines.

Sounds like you will have the ability to change it to leaf spring easily enough and narrow it depending on which diff you get.

7 rib 4AGE in either bigport or smallport is a good choice too, rather than a 3 rib.

The great benefit of this car is that it is light.

Don't weigh it down unnecessarily.