Fatty's Ke20

Fatty

Hi guys.

So, I'm new here and this is my first corolla! YAY! My other half has always been a fan of corollas, I guess it has finally rubbed off on me. I've been driving a daewoo for the last four years, so it's a bit of an upgrade in my opinion. I know nothing about cars, I just know I like the look of this one. My other half has agreed to teach me all about the car so I can start playing around with it myself, but for now I'm just happy to cruise around.

My plans thus far:

Rust repair

New Tyres

Polish the hubcaps and trims

New weather strips

Repaint the tail light surrounds

New side mirrors

All simple things that i can do without much help... I hope. I think this will be a good car for me to learn all the basics.

Hope you like it :lolcry:

Fatty.

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you have met her, She is a bit of a porker.

I'm choosing to ignore this, because I know you're just jealous of my awesome little car :lolcry:

I got spark plugs, fuel filter, oil filter and new fuel hose today, but the other half was too busy playing with his new toy to show me anything, so I shall start learning next weekend. :hmm: Can't wait.

Hey again,

So I started tinkering with the car this week. While the other half was at work I changed the ignition leads (after I watched him do it on his Ke11). Then he showed me how to do the spark plugs, put in a new air filter and I managed to get the radio and tape deck working. All I can get on the radio is techno crap and news. After playing around with it we figured out the engine fan is out of balance and wobbles, so I have to replace that. I've also got a new fuel filter, oil filter and replacements for the fuel lines to put in. I think I'm slowly beginning to understand how things work in the car. ;) The other half ordered an electronic distributor for me, I have no idea what that is but I guess I'll figure that out once we put it in.

Hopefully the rust repair will be done soon and I'll get some new tyres for the car so I can get a RWC and get it registered.

Fatty.

Hey again,

I managed to get the radio and tape deck working. All I can get on the radio is techno crap and news. I think I'm slowly beginning to understand how things work in the car. :)

Fatty.

Geeeee Zeeeeee :blinks:

Who owns a tape these days? ( I don't ) ;)

Just a thought for some of your own music, an MP3 player with an FM transmitter so the radio can tune in to the FM transmitter.

Its great to see that you are beginning to understand how things work in the car.

All the best with the RWC.

Who owns a tape these days? ( I don't ) ;)

Haha, you'd be surprised. I managed to find on old mix tape to test it out, from back in the day when my Daewoo was rockin' a tapedeck. I have a backstreet boys tape from primary school too, but I don't wish to desecrate my car with their boyband crap.