Fatty's Ke20

Fatty

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prepare yourself for a ridiculously stupid question.

I finally got around to washing my car today, but there are some old reflective stickers (well i assume that's what they are) on the rear bumper. I tried to pull them off but they are just crumbling everywhere and if I continue picking I will be there for hours. Does anyone on here have any suggestions as to how I might get them off? They look like crap.

Any advice would be much appreciated :P

Prepare yourself for a ridiculously stupid question.

I finally got around to washing my car today, but there are some old reflective stickers (well i assume that's what they are) on the rear bumper. I tried to pull them off but they are just crumbling everywhere and if I continue picking I will be there for hours. Does anyone on here have any suggestions as to how I might get them off? They look like crap.

Any advice would be much appreciated :P

Get your hair drier out and see if it softens them up or get a razor blade to slide underneath them and try to get as much as possible.

I got out there on the weekend and did the fuel filter and fuel hoses which was easier than I thought, and I should be able to service the car some time this week. I've serviced other cars before so I have a pretty good idea what that involves. Rust repair is being done this weekend (yay!), ordering the tyres today so they should be done soon and then I have an electronic distributor to put in (which apparently I can do by myself- I highly doubt this). I think that's all, after that I think it's all sweet!

This little spunkrat of a car should be out on the road within the next fortnight. :D

Trev, I am yet to try the hairdryer out on the stickers seeming I can't find mine but I will let you know how it goes when I do eventually find it. Thanks for the advice.

Edited by Fatty

Started the rust on Saturday and there is more than what i originally thought. Both sills behind the front doors, Under the passengers door, In the passengers door, Front right hand chassis rail, Under the battery tray, Front left hand roof gutter, Front right hand radiator lower cross member. Left hand rear 1/4.

Better get the welder out.

Found more rust today. Apparently it is really bad. I wouldn't know myself seeming I know nothing about the structure of a car or just how bad rust gets, but I can see it's not good. I'm slowly dying inside. I'm hoping Desmond is willing to fix it, otherwise it looks like I will be sticking with the daewoo. :blinks: