January 2, 201313 yr comment_642105 deets man i got a shitty thremo on atm and its not doing it for me Report
January 2, 201313 yr Author comment_642113 The fan was a gift from the inlaws. And it moves a shite load of air. I paid for the wiring, relay, mounting strap things and the coolant. You can get decent ones off egay pretty cheap. Edited January 2, 201313 yr by GJM85 Report
January 4, 201313 yr Author comment_642301 Chrome arches. I really need the centre caps for the superlites. Edited January 4, 201313 yr by GJM85 Report
January 5, 201313 yr Author comment_642426 Hehe. That's cool. It floats my boat too. Edited January 5, 201313 yr by GJM85 Report
January 10, 201313 yr Author comment_643087 Since installing the thermo fan, i've noticed engine running temps are down, while engine bay temps are up due to the fan operating full time. So to give my little weber some relief I developed this... Its a restrictor pipe from an Holden Astra's air box strategically placed where one of the horns used to reside. It looks a little like some type of sex toy... Edited January 10, 201313 yr by GJM85 Report
January 12, 201313 yr Author comment_643358 Been researching vacuum advance, manifold and ported vacuum, timing, intake and exhaust intertia and momentum. A few changes in timing, jetting, and vacuum have been made. Compresion test today. 190 psi on all cylinders... Report
January 12, 201313 yr comment_643363 like the thermo fan upgrade on this gav well done its something i want to do to the 55 Report
January 12, 201313 yr comment_643418 You need to get the fan on a thermo switch as they don't really do anything above 60 kmh. You can get some nice simple inline one that have prescribed on and off temps. They just screw into one of the end tanks. Report
March 8, 201313 yr Author comment_649547 So much to learn. The Weber book helped me understand how engines work and ultimately enabled me to tune my ke20 unaided. I can't wait to see what I can gain from this one. Updates soon I guess. Thinking battery in boot, thermo switch for the fan and hopefully get the #104 cam in as well. Edited March 8, 201313 yr by GJM85 Report
March 9, 201313 yr comment_649642 Nice! I have mine mounted on top of my steering column but that looks a bit nicer out of the way :) Report
March 9, 201313 yr comment_649659 I just read the whole thread from start to finish.. props for saving something that a lot of people would have gave up on and sent to the tip, wasting another ke20. Car turned out awesome, nice work! Hows the weber jet tuning going?, ever tried main/primarys down in the 120s-130-s, with only a 5 difference eg 130primary-135 main. cheers darren Edited March 9, 201313 yr by untubbed_20 Report
March 10, 201313 yr Author comment_649757 I just read the whole thread from start to finish.. props for saving something that a lot of people would have gave up on and sent to the tip, wasting another ke20. Car turned out awesome, nice work! Hows the weber jet tuning going?, ever tried main/primarys down in the 120s-130-s, with only a 5 difference eg 130primary-135 main. cheers darren Thanks for the good feed back mate. I've tried running a 135 & 140 mains and it leans out. It's running we'll with 145 & 150 mains, 165 & 160 airs. She gets pretty thirsty when you get into it but she gets up and goes. I've got a new carby kit coming because the power valve is a bit gritty and the accelerator pump pushes fuel out through the top hat gasket. Report
March 29, 201313 yr Author comment_651664 So I put a kit through the weber and its made a big difference in respone and economy. Happy with that. I had some electrical issues last week which have been sorted. Today I modified a standard bakerlite base plate from a stock carby to fit between the manifold and the adapter plate. Why, you ask? To reduce heat tranfer to the weber, which in theory should reduce fuel evapouration, increase economy and increase performance. It was easy enough and seems have yielded good results with the fuel bowl feeling cool to touch after a 5km drive. I can also now use the original pcv ventilation system running to the base plate instead of the no.1 intake runner. I machined out the bakerlite plate to suit the manifold and removed a few areas off the lower plate of the adapter to clear the pvc stem and the heat shield. Edited March 29, 201313 yr by GJM85 Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now