Gjm85'S Ke20 Build

GJM85

New tyres today. Goodride SP06. Not a bad tyre really for 69$ fitted and balanced.

New rear wheel bearings. I cut the old ones off the axles with the grinder and put the new ones on the frypan till they were hot and pressed them on with a lump of wood and a hammer.

I'm in need to new horns. eBay is shit but the Denso replacements are looking the go at the moment.

I'm also looking at new rotors when I'm due for brake pads soon. Are the slotted/dimpled rotors on eBay worth the extra coin? Or are the regular ones just as good?

Edited by GJM85

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

New seats for the chariot.

They're direct bolt in with standard rails but nowhere near enough leg room so I made adapters and moved them back 55mm.

They are Autotecnica Adventurer 4x4 seats. Dimensions are almost identical to original seats.

post-8643-0-81863500-1415613484_thumb.jpg

I've acquired a set of stock struts from a quiet member here. In the process of bringing the front end back up 25mm give or take. The plan is to give me some options in the way of bigger and wider wheels.

New strut tops, KTFL28 King springs, Ford Blue strut legs and hopefully a quality short stroke insert. Any ideas? Do they even exist?

post-8643-0-20137800-1416122980_thumb.jpg

This is the expected difference after the reversion. This is proving to be an expensive 25mm.

post-8643-0-54746300-1416123332_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-32604200-1416123467_thumb.jpg

Was a struggle to get any shock absorber cartridges for the struts. No love through Pedders or anything decent so I've succumbed to the Monroe GT Gas. I can't find any bump stops or dust covers either.

I dropped a cam in at Tighe Camshafts today and they've recommended the 154 for this application as opposed to the 104 I was after. So that's that. I also posted my bosch electronic distributor to Performance Ignition Services in Melbourne for a reco and recurve accordingly.

Tomorrow will be picking up a gasket kit and new Chev solid lifters I've ordered and dropping some gaskets at Yatala Headworx. Also taking my spare flywheel in because it looks like it could lose a few pounds.

The Gearbox Shop, where I dropped the 5 speed for a rebuild, have changed their tune from a week ago. I was told they'd contact me within a few days and hadn't so I dropped in to see what the go is.

Old mate is sure ke70's only came with 4speeds and is sure it looks like a 4 speed. Despite the fact that I pulled it from a ke70 and used it for 18 months....

He's not sure if he can even get parts for it anymore and reckons no ones going to make any shafts for it if they're worn out. They'll need a week to look at it.

What the actual ʞ©$ɟ?

Bit like Pedders listing ke20 suspension part numbers on their website, but not actually stocking anything, haven't for years and have no intention of doing so....

On a lighter note, Tighe Cams turned my camshaft around inside of 24 hours so I've got that. I've got new Chev solid lifters and a gasket kit. The head and flywheel are underway. Suspension stuff should be here by the end of the week.

Now chasing chasing a set of leaf springs. Ke55 set would be ace!

It's going to be a busy Christmas break.