Is Your Car Smelly?

B.L.Z.BUB

Was discussing this on a rides thread so I thought I'd make a quick one myself.

Is your old 30+ year old rolla smelly inside?

Place a plate of bicarbonate or baking soda inside the cabin and boot over night.

Spread it over the plate so there is lots of surface area.

If it still smells sprinkle it over all the upholstery surfaces and leave for half an hour and vacuum off.

It wont stain and is ten times cheaper than other anti smell stuff.

I've done it, and it works.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-some-odor...baking-soda.htm

Members dont see this ad
my car smells.

It smells of that musty old smell you can't buy. That smell only your grandma leaves. That smell I just paid for.

You can replicate that smell by strategically placing small pieces of MX73 Cressida carpet inside your air vents.

We once owned an 83 sigma wagon. someone along the chain of owners had a dog, wasnt the smell so much as the HAIR! never able to get rid of it.

i know what you mean... the wreckers dog lived in mine for 6 months, and i got it complete with all those lovely dog things; rat, bone, hair, fleas... and wet dog smell :dance:

I once detailed a BA Falcon which had so much damn dog hair in it... And it was one of those stupid pointless little yappy dogs with short white curly pubic hair for fur.

That shit was NOT coming out of the seats. It was like the seats were actually growing hair.

What did I do? I shaved the goddamn car. Shaved it. Got a few disposable razors, and shaved the whole interior.

Ever noticed how each brand of car has their own smell?

I have a Datsun 200B SSS coupe in the garage, original 1 lady owner, it still has its clean old Datsun smell which, I must say, I quite enjoy.

Mine has a strange rubbery smell if i take of to quickly

:dance:

older european car has a unique smell - a nice clean peugeot 406 - quite similar to an opel barina or astra....

I should have thought of the bi carb a while ago - I have a car which had some diff oil spilt in it 6 months ago and doesn't it smell!!!!! seeing as I'm getting it registered on monday - I've been trying to get the smell out of it! The interior is pretty clean, I've vacuumed it a few times, you can't even see where the diff oil was spilt, just the smell!!

The ozone generator in a TAG air conditionging "air tek" service kit did a pretty good job at removing smells too.... bit harder to come by than bi carb soda lol.

Robert.

My 30yr old cars smell like burnt oil and exhaust gasses but i never complain, i just breath it in and say you have gotta love old cars haha, i have had my dog in my 70 before and his smell never stayed in the car longer than a day mind you all the windows were down and it was quickly replaced by the burnt oil and exhaust gas again ;) haha