The Weekend After Bathurst Kinglake Cruise!

Evan G

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New date means I'm out.

Got that weekend booked taking the 'cruiser up into the Mountains.

Any one fancy their 'rolla beaten over 50 klms of dirt road up a mountain, down the other side and dragged through some creek crossings is welcome.

I camped there last July in snow!

My "other Toyota" needs love too.

how many members wont be attending due to bathurst? if its only like one or two ill leave the date of 10/10/10 but if its like 7 ill change it

I used to enjoy Bathurst. Until it became a no horse, vanilla slice race. 2 makes, with no real variations is not that exciting. You can lay a bet and there is a 50% chance you'll win.

Why was this race invented? To have car makers show their wares. Loads of manufacturers in different classes. 'rollas were raced. And now?

It is now just a way for 2 car manufacturers to have bragging rights on cars they don't build.

Just make sure your girl friends are safe, 'cause the bored lads will be on patrol.

Fords run a Ford based engine, Holdens run a GM based engine.

Much of the rest of the car is identical in spec, but the engines are still different.

And I think you will find it was the R32 GTR that led to the introduction of what we now know as V8 supercars.