Trev'S Hachi Ni Sedan

Trev

Well it has finally happened, today I went and picked up the sedan that I have been contacting the owner about for 6 months, here is a basic run down of the car.

1985 CSX 5spd sedan.

268,xxxk's (somewhere there, didn't really take much notice).

Full logbook service history from day one.

The wife of the couple I got it from had it from 17 as her 1st car and had it for the last 11 years, from what I can see she was the 2nd owner.

Pic of when I went and looked at the car (shitty phone pic):

post-1373-1281598308_thumb.jpg

Pic of when I got it to my dads, excuse the pics, Mrs obviously doesn't know what take a pic of the car means:

post-1373-1281598579_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of it after I stuck the twincam seca bars on it (rear had to be modified):

post-1373-1281598687_thumb.jpg

To do list:

• Remove stickers and sidestrips and replace with the twincam items.
  • Give the paint a good buff and fix a few scratches on the bars.
  • Repaint all the black highlights of the car (door/window surrounds, bar strips, number plate holder).
  • Full twincam running gear (Looms, fuel system, brake system, suspension, some interior, steering wheel all from my seca).
  • Fit my enkei's once they have been reco'd and new tyres fitted.
  • Tint the windows.
  • Make custom dash insert where the clock is for gauges (all electric senders, water & oil temp, oil pressure, volts & fuel pressure).
  • Maybe a varex muffler which is triggered by the TVIS circuit (vtec yo :fuzz:)

I think that is about it for now.

Edited by Trev

Members dont see this ad
So maybe I'm nitpicking here, but Jyu is ten :?

HAHAHAHAHA, owned, trust me to carry on info from website :fuzz:

http://home.exetel.com.au/seasalt/corollatrivia.html

Japanese Name:

Hachi Jyu -82

Hachi Roku - 86

10 is also JU according to a counting in Jap website but thanks for that man, I will now go and edit my topic here and elsewhere to say hachi ni

Trev you still need to change your caption under your avatar too :P

Done :?

Depends on how literal you want to be with the Kanji, just figured I'd point it out when I looked at it as "Trev's 8-10 sedan" I thought it might be a Datsun :fuzz:

Fark being literal, I just noticed it when I looked up what 2 was and seen the 10.

Datsun, I actually do think the rear of the car looks like an N13 in the last pic :P

Oh which car is this replacing? :yes: (Sorry for being out of the loop)

The red seca that I took to the fools cruise 2 or so years ago, don't have pics anymore.

Checked the k's today and it is 238'xxx and was going through the receipts in the service book and Tracey Carole really did spend a lot of money on this car, even right up until 1999 she was buying brand new parts :P

Anyway today I put the twinky wheel on it and replaced a few interior items but I dunno where my front console and pocket has gotten too out of my twincam, I hope I didn't sell it.

I also forgot to add to the list 2 items (dunno how)

• URA support bars
  • Half cage

I grabbed one of my dads half cages and stuck it in there which is a little too wide but other then that it seems to fit the body shape fine, he said he does not think he will be using it so I will probably grab it and modify it to fit.

post-1373-1281773331_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

oooh purty

post-1373-039783200 1290179177_thumb.jpg

wow, that's awesome man, could you do a "how-to" write up on that? :P

you should put the rest of the tincan dash in!

Ohh, and it seem nobody in here can speak Japanese. proper romaji for 82 is "hati zyuu-ni"(hachi ju-ni)

It shits me the way people improperly itemizes numbers like that. We don't have to copy the retarded nissan squad.

when's the rest of the tincan swap coming?

Edited by Benno

wow, that's awesome man, could you do a "how-to" write up on that? :P

you should put the rest of the tincan dash in!

Ohh, and it seem nobody in here can speak Japanese. proper romaji for 82 is "hati zyuu-ni"(hachi ju-ni)

It shits me the way people improperly itemizes numbers like that. We don't have to copy the retarded nissan squad.

when's the rest of the tincan swap coming?

Benno,

You've just shot yourself in the foot. The proper romaji would be 82!

Mrs Bamboo is Japanese and looked over my shoulder. hati zyuu-ni is not the sound. Trev, your hachi ju-ni is correct.

Pronunciation is what your aiming for.

If we're playing the pedantic game, when writing your post, ensure you don't use American English spell check. Itemise comes with an S, not a Z.

I am not a grammar Nazi, I just get cranky when people get on a soapbox and have obvious mistakes in their post.

And benno, when making blanket comments like nobody here speaks Japanese be careful!

I'm calling it. You don't have a clue. daiyo!

Edited by Bamboo