Before And After

mumblezzz

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my story goes in the other direction. i actually started out with a alright runabout.

It started out like any other colt.. bit of rust, and slow... cheap home respray...

post-15-10854413113.jpg

Then on day i went, this engine is slow... it needs more power.

post-15-10854413115.jpg

And purchased myself a 4AGZE for $350 in as is condition. After pulling it down and discovering it needed new pistons and various other bits i sold parts of it off.

post-15-10854413100.jpg

The next best thing i could find to go fast comes from a dentist. I also removed some of the interior.. every kilo counted in getting this thing fast. By now the rego had lapsed and i had a race day comeing up.

Picture%201195.JPG

DSCN8417.JPG

Whats this you say? skids are bad for my CV's? never.....

Picture%20114.JPG

Well along came the race day, By now the car had managed to loose a headlight, front bar and random airconditioning devices.. The poor colt was looking in a bad state.

post-2-10931658117.jpg

So i drop a decent skid. And discover that my clutch has decided it doesnt like me. So i do my first run pretty slow... Second run, no skid and a 3000rpm launch propel me to a amazing high 23 second run. I'm getting bored and use the gas... 5000rpm launch... grab second flick the nos on... wait some... wait a bit more.. oh shit forget to turn the bottle on.

Ok I'm set, another 5000rpm launch, bit of slip.. 2nd, nos on.. off 3rd.. on again... clunk... pop... reach around 105kph and I'm over the line.. Manage to burn out two valves, crack a tapet, mangle the head gasket... and pull a 22.5

Picture%201038.JPG

untitled.JPG

mmm musta been toasty in there.

Well that project lasted me a year. and i learnt some lessons from it. Next is to buy a old 'rona or ke70 and pump it with nitrous. see if toyotas can hold up to it a bit more.

• 1 month later...