Cracked Exhaust Manifold On Turbo Sportivo Ae112r

brandon

hey all, i've somehow managed to crack my exhaust manifold between the block and turbo, I know karllos has done this as well at one stage and was just wondering what are my options. is it worth upgrading turbo size and getting custom manifold, because i can't find any aftermarket manifolds and toyota parts are useless.

Members dont see this ad

Not only has Karllos gone through a cracked manifold, Soulsearcher has as well.

It seems to be the weak link in these AE11R Sportivo's from what I've seen.

If you're going to keep the car, you would be better off getting a new manifold made up rather than getting it welded as it will just crack again.

thanks, yeah i just managed to get an original (oem) one for $500 thats unused so it should give me at least another 100K before that one cracks. i saw karllos's thread and mine cracked right in the same place as his did. That must have been a design flaw. If you could get karl to have a look on here and maybe let me know where i could source the gaskets for the manifold. I know toyota want a rediculous amount for the triangular one that seals to the turbo but heard you could get this from subaru?

• 5 months later...

Fark been a while since ive been on here!

Place to get the gasket, Subaru!! Ask for a B4 liberty Primary tirbo gasket, EXACTY what you will need!

With my personal experience is to get another manifold made up and with a larger more readily available turbo. If I add it up with out the stuffing round between manifolds and getting the right parts (aka the oil drain) made up properly my turbo and manifold would have only cost me approx. $1500. Add a couple hundred for a dump pipe and another $150 for the correct drain and oil feed lines, and you will be laughing!

If you are still running the standard replacement then my guess would be that it is not going to last very long, Mine lasted 3 months with me :(

Ive sent you a PM to remind you to look here to hahah

Hope this helps any questions you can find me loitering around here Twincam

Edited by Karllos