Engine Block Glass Table

ae95- wagon kid

i have a mate who has a s#it load of glass that has been cut wrong or ordered incorrectly over the years lying around

i was thinking of making table using an engine block and some nice 10mm glass

only question what engine would look nice

would like the sparkling chrome look

what do you guys think

any suggestions

Regards Harry :)

Members dont see this ad

make it out of a K engine!! Just a little coffee table. Keep in mind the bigger the block the heavier the table! and CHEEEP like a budgie.

Any V8 block that is cool will probably be worth money.

A good block would be the 1UZ one as it's alloy.

Oh the irony with the wine bottles is that the sort of person with that in their living room wouldn't strike me as a discerning wine Connoisseur...

Edited by philbey

make it out of a K engine!! Just a little coffee table. Keep in mind the bigger the block the heavier the table! and CHEEEP like a budgie.

Any V8 block that is cool will probably be worth money.

A good block would be the 1UZ one as it's alloy.

Oh the irony with the wine bottles is that the sort of person with that in their living room wouldn't strike me as a discerning wine Connoisseur...

Polished LS v8, probably be easier to find a LS block then a UZ block aswell.

I've toyed with this idea also. I was thinking about using a K motor and inserting a say 1m square sheet of glass in place of the head gasket. Was think about just getting maybe 4x of the headstud holes drilled using an old HG as a template then just reassemble it with the glass instead of a HG. Obviously the head would then be sitting on top of the middle of the coffee ttable.

Would just need to work out some way of leveling the bottom of the motor as I think the bearing races might sit below the sump flange.