Wacol Wreckers

Trev

There is a 4agte still with turbo/some cooler pipes, fwd gearbox, no harness (well i didn't see one), be quick or it'll go

Theres a 4agte in fwd config, slightly damaged there. He offered it to me for $350, so someone who wants it should should go haggle him down. Its a 4agze with a garrett turbo on it. Turbo looks pretty spent and its an oily mess of a motor, but if you can haggle him down to $200 hed take it I reckon. Its worth that just for the manifold and pistons. I didnt see if it was a bigport or a smallport. The alternator is a bit bent, but its probably salvageable as a motor.

Anyone know if this is still there?

I called them today and asked but the guy said he has never seen a turbo 4age there but they have a few 4ages there.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well who ever it was, he was trying to sell me another 4age and couldn't get into his head that I wanted the engine for the turbo and manifold off it, I already have 6 ʞ©$ɟing 4age's sitting here.

Edited by Trev

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There was an ra40 there, yellow, liftback manual.

The steel case W 50 is there with bh on it for 18r (pulled out and stored in toyota motors area)

The diff is still in the car and complete. It had some sporty rear suspension on it, the shocks are still there, although old, they were some us made ones that I couldn't i.d. and they were very stiff and smooth feeling. One has a dent but they still worked amazing I think, they were something good in their day. Someone looking for some shocks should go and raid them. They used to be red, now grey with road grime and surface corrosion.

I also noticed it had a swaybar, which is unheard of for an ra40. On closer inspection it was a bolt on K mac one. It had D shackles on the diff and then a bar and body mounts also. I couldnt leave that behind, if only for the D shackle swaybar mounts that suit a T series diff (might be good for adding a swaybar to t18 s1 diff also.

I also took the ra struts, brakes, lcas, and steering rods, which are similar to xt130 but have a bolt on caliper mount. Makes it easy to fab a brake upgrade.

Ran into Reed also, was good to say hi.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, theres a red ke30 wagon there, one owner - $1700. Sitting in the top yard where they sell the whole cars from.

Very minimal rust although paint is faded. Might be a 55 but it doesnt have any bonnet flutes. Its a manual. The guy said, "oh and its only got 75,000ks on it", and I say "ah yeah but it resets at 100,000 so who knows", and hes like, "oh yeah", haha.

Anyhow, I reckon you could get it for a grand if you waved some cash around.

Looks like someone had polished back to the rear doors, and just stopped. Supposed to run sweet.

Id give it a 6/10 overall, as its all there, it just needs love. Body was very straight, not much in the way of dents or carpark damage, just faded and a little rust.