5K Hp And A Query

Members dont see this ad

searched my ass!

http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Tech:Engine/K_Series/Blocks

don't make this a habbit :)

Go easy buddy. If there's one thing I 'dislike' more than mods its wannabe mod's.... respect given is respect earnt.

It's about 70 hp for the 5k. Or so they say.

Edited by GJM85

thanks mate and i did search wiki, google and here but could not find it by the time i found that page i had enough and didnt scroll down far enough and if u think that way why reply

but any way do you think that (i have a stock 4k and 4 speed) that the gain swapping to a stock 5k and 5speed which i have is worth doin just for now anyway.(till i figure out which one i want to do up)

Edited by nissan recovery vehicle

Hmmmm, contradiction?

I'm sick of the lack of respect by people around here. Attitude is a contagious form of respect and round here its poor. I've been around highly moderated forums in the past and I don't feel that key individuals lead by example on this forum.

power corrupts....

Edited by GJM85

Hmm yeah that one will be filed away for future reference Trev.

I don't know what Evan has deleted but he's done a good job of providing the requested info. :jamie:

What Evan originally posted:

searched my ass!

http://www.rollaclub...K_Series/Blocks

don't make this a habbit :)

I'm sick of the lack of respect by people around here. Attitude is a contagious form of respect and round here its poor. I've been around highly moderated forums in the past and I don't feel that key individuals lead by example on this forum.

power corrupts....

Yes the search system is a bit hard for 1st time users but Evan wasn't exactly 'disrespectful'

Just wanna point something out though, you being a member here for over a year makes me feel that you are wise to the rules set by the board, ie, this:

Rules as of 08/02/2010

5.0.0 For Sale Areas

5.11.0 DO NOT POST UNLESS you are actually interested in buying what the seller is offering. Posts like "Nice car good luck" are rubbish. Your post may be deleted and you may be warned.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/46177-72-ke20-3k-4-speed/

Retro cool!

GJM85, you seem to have your head screwed on right, don't let something little like this f@$k that up.

Edited by Trev

Yeah neat... but it's not about me.

It's about upholding a manner of decorum which creates a professional and informative place for corolla lovers and owners to come and discuss/learn/create/share in there own way. When a new comer says they tried searching for info and couldn't find anything senior members shouldn't give them a sarcastic or comical bitch slap and send them on their way with a link.

What's more annoying than repetive basic knowledge questions from noobies is predictable slapper talk from seniors. Intellectual superiority...

Edited by GJM85

lol..... Even after all this commotion you dare ask this question???? Even when the link to HP figures was posted???

:no2:

Depending on the block you have it varies from 60 - 70 - 80 HP but I don't know what blacks are a common or rare block

so I would have to say that a 3K has 73 (stated) HP.

I can agree that the search function is not the best tool for questions which are not covered as mutch.

I typed in 5K hp in the search tool bar and there was not alot of info. I myself did not even know about the FAQ section for about

a year till someone pointed it out to me.

But when it comes to questions like, what engines fit into my XXXX corolla, that's when someone deserves a flaming.

I think that new members can be excused for these questions sometimes as they are sometimes new to even being on a forum.

Maybe something like a rollaclub introduction should be mandatory for new members, something like a guide to navigate

them to the faq section, common questions etc. They should also not be able to post until they have done the tour.

I don't know how hard that would be to do but it is an idea. Maybe even a first page to look at and confirm that it was read.

I think a beginners guide would be good for the new people to this forum/any forum/corollas. Just put all the basic information someone new to corollas needs and that gets asked every 2 weeks like corolla models, engines, engine specs, whatever, then a link to the FAQ from there. All the info is on here but it can be hard to find, especially for new people.