Mhmills' Ke70 Temporary 4K Blower Setup!

mhmills

Members dont see this ad

I am now the proud owner of a 1979 KE55 coupe :D

Interior is like NEW, seriously. NEVER BEEN SMOKED IN! I'm pretty sure it's a 1 owner car too. Unfortunately it's an auto but at least it has original plates with rego :D It was hard to take photos in a krammed as car yard but I did what I could.

Also worked on the Ke70 today, had the pip that was terribly recut and realigned redone by some exhaust guys in Laverton North. So, I'm getting the carby jetted and whatever it needs tomorrow. Hopefully it runs fine then :) Also I'm unsure as to whether the KE70 is for sale at the moment, if the right offer is made, it may very well go :D

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-054852800 1295343755_thumb.jpg

post-11811-058938400 1295343775_thumb.jpg

post-11811-083159500 1295343792_thumb.jpg

post-11811-010943700 1295343811_thumb.jpg

post-11811-053122200 1295343849_thumb.jpg

post-11811-059919800 1295343867_thumb.jpg

post-11811-058590300 1295343887_thumb.jpg

post-11811-046124600 1295344024_thumb.jpg

Nice pickup with the coupe!

Dropped in today as I saw the beast at the workshop, seems it lives there without you from what in told! Tis looking the goods, still can't believe the size of that blower, it's half the size of mine!

I had a thought, what are you doing ignition wise? Have you left it stock? At the very least you should back it right off to avoid killing it, I'm running a locked (no mechanical advance) 5k lecy dissy set at 20deg. I will be experimenting with my vac advance and less bade timing soon too, easier to start and good cruise economy but not enough timing to do damage under boost.

And how much boost are you making?

Will catch up with you one day!

Jarrad

Nice pickup with the coupe!

Dropped in today as I saw the beast at the workshop, seems it lives there without you from what in told! Tis looking the goods, still can't believe the size of that blower, it's half the size of mine!

I had a thought, what are you doing ignition wise? Have you left it stock? At the very least you should back it right off to avoid killing it, I'm running a locked (no mechanical advance) 5k lecy dissy set at 20deg. I will be experimenting with my vac advance and less bade timing soon too, easier to start and good cruise economy but not enough timing to do damage under boost.

And how much boost are you making?

Will catch up with you one day!

Jarrad

Last time I changed the points before supercharging it, I think it was positive 11 or 15 was a few months back. Today I took it to Advanced Carbs in Maidstone and he found 2 vaccum leaks, which he fixed. He changed the idler circuits from 45-40 to 50-55. Took it for a few test drives was running heaps better, dunno how much boost yet, still ironing out some problems. After a few test drives there were some issues that were non carby related, he explained there's some electrical issues somewhere, so I changed the coil then ran out of time to do the points and condenser again. So it hasn't had the timing done yet :P

By the way just asked the old man if you checked out the car, he said, "Not to my knowledge..."

Cheers, Jake.

• 1 month later...

Any updates on the tuning of the engine really interested in doing this conversion,

Cheers

Haven't really touched tuning in like 2 months or something, I have some guy coming to look at it today. In my opinion it needs a dynno tune, but that's just me.

Cheers, Jake.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought my 5k today and doing this conversion exactly like yours but using sc12( got it for free :) ) with balanced everything, extractors all that fancy stuffs !

Expect me to rape you with Questions :D

What Bhp or kw do you think you got guesstimate?

Cheers

Edited by Spencer

Bought my 5k today and doing this conversion exactly like yours but using sc12( got it for free :) ) with balanced everything, extractors all that fancy stuffs !

Expect me to rape you with Questions :D

What Bhp or kw do you think you got guesstimate?

Cheers

Sounds sweet man, my next plan on the Coupe involves a T28 Turbo and SC14 Blower on a heavily worked 5k :D I'd be more then happy to help you out with whatever/however I can. I'm tempted to get it dyno tuned as a last present to her. If I had to guess, I'd say around 80ish RWKW's?

Cheers, Jake.